Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Feedback on LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feedback on LOZ

I'm looking for any feedback our members can give on crappie fishing at LOZ around the 60-63 mile markers ... Edwards area. I've been looking at some lakefront home property around there, and would appreciate any feedback on crappie fishing from members who regularly fish that area. Thanks for any help!

Post Thanks / Like

Dont fish it much anymore but used to alot. Rainey Creek area is good at the 60 and Brown Bend is good around the 61-62. Docks and lay downs. Proctor Cove has some good spots in it at the 50-51. Go aliitle farther up around Turkey Creek and Cole Camp Creek and the fishing can be excellent.My parents are in the process of buying a house at the 50 so i will be spending some time over there this winter and spring putting out structure.Boat traffic around there is not as bad as around the main lake so you can generally fish all year round without being blown off the lake to bad.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Water has alot of color up that way usually always stained, sometimes pretty dirty. Excellent white crappie fishing.

If I were to buy a place on LOZ it would be from the 40MM up .

Not as crowded, more scenic, smaller water. Its more fisherman friendly unlike the main lake 25MM to the dam where you have to fight the hoards of pleasure boaters.

Also up around the 60 is great snagging, and catfishing

Post Thanks / Like

We've got a weekend place at the 61mm, Ivy Bend (opposite bank from you). All the places already mentioned are good as well as Little Buffalo, Big Buffalo and Lick Creek. Plus some of the small coves can be real gold mines at the right time. Yes, the water is stained to muddy all year. Bass fishing is excellent, as well as catfish and snagging. Crappie fishing is very good. Can't seem to find and stay on the big ones. Maybe I'm too busy chasing the hot bite, whatever species! Boat traffic is manageable in a small boat all year, with the exception of holiday weekends. We bought three years ago and love it. Good luck and tight lines.
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.......

Post Thanks / Like

Good info here, guys. I never get up that way but we may be moving locations on the lake to a place that makes that stretch of water much more accessible. Thanks for the info. That's why this site is great!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

If you put any work in at all around LOZ dropping brush wise some shallow in places and some deep in places or just all over your dock you will get fish there. I love LOZ I do most of my business around the Naingua arm though.

Post Thanks / Like

LOZslabhunter ...

Thanks for the info on that area. Do I need to be concerned about water clarity? Why is it always so stained all year round?

Post Thanks / Like

You absolutely don't need to be worried about the water clarity. I'd much rather fish in stained water than crystal clear water.

The lake up that way has more river characteristics than don towards bagels dam. That's why it has more water color and current at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto what MellerAM said. It is more like a river than what most people expect. Don't worry about the color.
    The water color only affects the color of choice and how deep to fish (in general fish shallower than down lake).

DannyW has another good idea. Once you're settled in an area, plant brush! Lots of it!

Good luck on your property search. Keep us posted.
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.......