Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Registration ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration ?

Looking at possibly getting a small canoe or 2-man kayak for my kiddo and me. Would like to be able to carry it and drop it in at several locations around smithville just to get out on the water and do some fishing in a few different areas. My question - I'm thinking about adding a trolling motor so we don't have to row EVERYWHERE - do you have to register anything with a motor (including T/M)??? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, eaven a trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

but only if it is motorized, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think you need to register anything......Only motorized.......And sail boats larger than 12 ft.
    Registering Your Vessel - Missouri Boating License Laws and Safety Guide
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

It used to be that you had to register the TM, but I think that rule has gone away.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to register my 10ft plastic boat to put it in Truman and conservation lakes since I used the trolling motor. Also will need a fire extinguisher also. The little boating book says any water craft with a battery needs one. Kind of crazy but that's what I found out from WP when getting my little boat ready.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. that's what I was thinking too. I may, if we even get one, just row it

I'm guessing registering a small craft like a canoe or kayak can't be too much with a t/m...

Post Thanks / Like

when I said yes that was to answer the queation about reg. a boat,,, and the eaven the trolling motor ment if the trolling motor is on the boat the boat has to be reg. not the trolling motor ,,, my goof, not being clear,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by wannagofishin View Post
    but only if it is motorized, correct?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The price is very small and well worth it if going with a small plastic boat. I would love to get another one for fishing creeks and conservation lakes. Heck even for fishing certain coves and creeks on Truman. I have had a 8 and a 10 ft'er. Go for the 10' for sure. Very stable and plenty of room for two guys and gear and strecthing out. I stood up in mine when bass fishing to pitch jigs and soft plastics. I had a 565 Hummingbird on my last one and a 30 lb thrust Minn Kota. Perfect little boat. Can find used ones on craigslist fully loaded with trolling motor and batteries for the price of a new boat.