Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie magnets modified

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie magnets modified

I like the crappie magnets, great price, good colors, fish like them, but the action is not the greatest. I love the bobby garland slab slayers, but you cant catch except a few fish before having to replace it. The crappie magnets are much tougher and have yet to really tear one up by fish. I was thinking of a way to improve action and took a pair of scissors and cut one of the two tails off, making it a stinger, and the action is great. I am going to try them probably today. You cant beat the price, you can almost buy two packs for the price of one slab slayer.

Post Thanks / Like

Super glue your Garlands to your jig head.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

Follow this link if you're looking for a "shad" like bait with great action and very durable.
    SLAB BANDITS WHOLESALE RETAILERS TYING SUPPLIES
    If you want to go to the Texas Fishing Forum, Crappie page and search "Slab Bandit" you will find tons of posts on the effectivness of this bait (many are mine) and last year when the product was still in "field trials" a local guide documented catching 100+ crappie on a single bait before replacing it. I personally have caught 35 fish with a single bait and only replaced it then because a big hybrid tore it up. I'm not affilliated with this company at all, I just believe in the product and use it almost exclusively. Also, they are available in 2 sizes, 2" and 1 1/4". The "Mini" Slab Bandit was KILLER from July4th thru early September. Retail sales locations are limited, even here close to where they're made, but the online store is open and they ship out orders fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    I like the crappie magnets, great price, good colors, fish like them, but the action is not the greatest. I love the bobby garland slab slayers, but you cant catch except a few fish before having to replace it. The crappie magnets are much tougher and have yet to really tear one up by fish. I was thinking of a way to improve action and took a pair of scissors and cut one of the two tails off, making it a stinger, and the action is great. I am going to try them probably today. You cant beat the price, you can almost buy two packs for the price of one slab slayer.
    I tried the Trout Magnet heads with Southern Pro Tiny Worm last year. I used the black, white and chartreuse sparkle worms and did well with the combo. Going to try a few other worm colors this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pepop View Post
    Follow this link if you're looking for a "shad" like bait with great action and very durable.
    SLAB BANDITS WHOLESALE RETAILERS TYING SUPPLIES
    If you want to go to the Texas Fishing Forum, Crappie page and search "Slab Bandit" you will find tons of posts on the effectivness of this bait (many are mine) and last year when the product was still in "field trials" a local guide documented catching 100+ crappie on a single bait before replacing it. I personally have caught 35 fish with a single bait and only replaced it then because a big hybrid tore it up. I'm not affilliated with this company at all, I just believe in the product and use it almost exclusively. Also, they are available in 2 sizes, 2" and 1 1/4". The "Mini" Slab Bandit was KILLER from July4th thru early September. Retail sales locations are limited, even here close to where they're made, but the online store is open and they ship out orders fast.
    +1