Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prescription Sunglasses?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prescription Sunglasses?

Fell free to move if this is in wrong place! I have had to start wearing glasses and cannot handle the bright sun when fishing. I was wondering if there are good quality prescription fishing sunglasses out there? I cannot tie jigs on my line with regular sunglasses and when wearing my glasses the reflection off the water is keeping me from seeing my line twitch when shootin docks....HELP!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you are talking about, I have been going through that same thing for many years. There are prescription sunglasses out there but they are pretty expensive from what I have seen. What I have done is get me a good pair of comforatable sunglasses that I like and get some stick on bi-focals. The bi-focals just stick on in the inside of any glasses with plain water. You just buy them in the strength you need. The last ones I bought I got off Ebay.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Do you need the mostly for bifocals? I see OK at a distance but not up close. I found some polarized wrap around glasses at Bass Pro called Guidelines that have have a Bi-Focal in them. Have you thought about getting a pair of polarized prescription glasses, you can get some that wrap around a little.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Cocoons brand slip-over sunglasses. For everyday use I use the clip ons that slide onto your prescription frames and stay in place with a spring-they are small, polarized and unobtrusive for everyday wear. When on the water I use the slip over Cocoons that offer superior UV light protections and eliminate almost all glare and wind from the eyes. They are too big for everyday wear for me but both options are significantly less than a pair of prescription sunglases. I bought both of my pairs from Bass Pro Shops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerA View Post
    I know what you are talking about, I have been going through that same thing for many years. There are prescription sunglasses out there but they are pretty expensive from what I have seen. What I have done is get me a good pair of comforatable sunglasses that I like and get some stick on bi-focals. The bi-focals just stick on in the inside of any glasses with plain water. You just buy them in the strength you need. The last ones I bought I got off Ebay.
    The eye doctor at Wally World also recommended these for the next time I need something, said he could get them.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

I know you can get Oakley's with Rx lenses, I'm sure all the other premium brands do as well.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    I know you can get Oakley's with Rx lenses, I'm sure all the other premium brands do as well.
    X2 and I know you can on Coast Del Mar glasses.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

If you are seeling an optomoloigist, ask him/her if they have the large dark plastic glasses that they give to people upon eye dialation or eye surgergies. These will fit over your regular bifocal glasses, and reduce the glare plus they have large sides to frther reduce the glare and protect the eye. Totla protection is the key, for the eye can not be replaced. If you ever see a flash of light and it is not from an external source go see your optomologist. It may be a detached retina which requires surgery immediately. This happened to me and I did not man up until a week later, come close to losing vision in the left eye. But an excellent optomolist got me to an eye surgeon that day. Everything come out ok but it was a 6 week recovery process with the eye patch.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have the bi-focals but have a bad stigmatism........not even sure what that means! I am looking to buy a pair of polarized for fishing and outddors. I can get a pair for free after first of year and wanting to get some good ones. I found out that with good sunglasses my catch seem like it doubled when I could see my line twitch or move. Thanks
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a set of Oakley style polarized shades with bifocal for about $20 at wally. They have them with full frames too, but the Oakley style are light and wraparound and do me very well, so well that I use them driving too.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast