Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The old tried and true fishing log...

Post Thanks / Like

Default The old tried and true fishing log...

I know we all can put in a gps waypoint on that great brushpile or stump, but sometimes I wish I had the other Information that nortoriously seems to slip our minds myself especially. Does anyone out there still use a fishing log, you know a handwritten deal in your pocket to record perterent Information that would apply on specific days in the past, sunny, overcast, flooded, shortened bait etc. They say the best experiences is someone elses, however If i could recall what I specifically did one same type day last year, summer, fall etc... I believe It would make me a better fisherman ya think ? If anyone is using some form of one that would be easy to duplicate I definately would be Interested. How about some feedback fellas...

Post Thanks / Like

Try this one...Name:  LogBook.jpg
Views: 3493
Size:  37.2 KB see if it'll print as 8 1/2X 11. I also keep it electronically.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, I am working on a smartphone application that will integrate with Crappie.com and collect your fishing information. It will be very cool. It will capture "everything" automatically. Where, and when you caught a fish, the weather conditions, the location, even the lake level and the speed you've been travelling. All automatically. All you have to do is click one button and you have the option to take a picture of the big one. It'll capture everything, and you can view it on your phone, or online, on crappie.com. It'll be private, or you can share it with your crappie.com friends. By friends I mean those that you have chosen to be friends in your profile. Shh, don't tell anyone. We are targeting the Spring to have it out. I am very excited about this new application.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Since 1987 I've used a calendar. I try not to flood it with information, just what lake, current elevation, depth fish were in, wtr temp, catch and lure of choice. Then any information that may be helpful, ie...certain location (brushpile, standing timber, etc) and any weather factors, such as pre or post front. It's been the most useful tool of my crappie fishing. I can go to my pile of calendars and see where I was fishing in previous outings and what worked best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, will it work with Blackberry?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about blackberry. But android and apple for sure. I'll have to see if the tools we are using to build it can output to crackberry too.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep a log on an Excel spreadsheet and keep it backed up to a 1 Gig data traveler flash drive. I've been keeping 'em a couple years now and it's amazing how many shortcuts you can take to get on the fish looking at that data. I keep:
    Date
    Time
    # Caught
    Comments

I try and give as much detail and possible in the various sections and especially in the comments section. I also have it set up to keep a running tally of all fish caught just for kicks. (crappie is all I put in the "# Caught" column)
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

This is great ... Thanks for the form works just fine for me.... Mitch in TennesseeThumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in my lips are sealed sounds great to me you can never go wrong with the basics ya know...

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Believe it or not, I am working on a smartphone application that will integrate with Crappie.com and collect your fishing information. It will be very cool. It will capture "everything" automatically. Where, and when you caught a fish, the weather conditions, the location, even the lake level and the speed you've been travelling. All automatically. All you have to do is click one button and you have the option to take a picture of the big one. It'll capture everything, and you can view it on your phone, or online, on crappie.com. It'll be private, or you can share it with your crappie.com friends. By friends I mean those that you have chosen to be friends in your profile. Shh, don't tell anyone. We are targeting the Spring to have it out. I am very excited about this new application.
    Cewlbeanz..!!! I can't wait.... I love apps!!!

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast