Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 12/2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 12/2

Started out a bit chilly but with no wind it made it a beautiful morning. Hit tree tops east of Crow's Creek for a bit with not much action. decided to make a beat run and freeze our faces for a bit. What a way to wake your butt up. Hit a couple more brush piles, then decided to shoot some docks. It wasn't hot and heavy but they were biting. Most all fish were barely taking it and if you weren't payin attention you would miss a lot of fish. We each got our limits but had to work hard for the bigger fish. Most fish were caught in 12'-20' fow down 6'-8'. I had to show my a$$ and have a little tantrum in the boat. It was one of those days that everything I touched turned to s**t. I did find out that B&M makes an awsome rod. After throwing it down in the boat, stomping on it trying to break it, having it bounce up and hit me in the lipDoh & not break, I'm sold. Gonna pick up another one this weekend. I sure did feel alot better after acting like a child!!!!! I guess sometime you just gotta let loose and vent.
    Good luck out there this weekend and dress warm y'all!!!!Name:  Jigs 002_crop.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  46.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you gave that rod a thorough whipping. I'm glad it survived.

Glad to hear you found some and thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. Have a temper problem huh! I'll be carefull
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. Have a temper problem huh! I'll have to be carefull. :o
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

I found a few fish on points with timber....same as you, tho, skeeter.....very light bite. Wish I had time yesterday to clean fish, tossed back a pair of 13's and a pair of 12's....today's fish were all less than 12". I took home 9 nice eaters and I still haven't thawed out!! All of mine were in 18 - 25 fow and down 8 - 12'.

Post Thanks / Like

No temper problem, just one of those days. I'm sure everyone has once in a while! I was great after that!!!!Thumbs Up Had a good laugh after it was over!

Post Thanks / Like

Vic, you in a gray boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billd2626 View Post
    Sounds like you gave that rod a thorough whipping. I'm glad it survived.

Glad to hear you found some and thanks for the report.
    The rod gave me more of a whipping on an already cold lip!!! That's what I get!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterxs170 View Post
    Started out a bit chilly but with no wind it made it a beautiful morning. Hit tree tops east of Crow's Creek for a bit with not much action. decided to make a beat run and freeze our faces for a bit. What a way to wake your butt up. Hit a couple more brush piles, then decided to shoot some docks. It wasn't hot and heavy but they were biting. Most all fish were barely taking it and if you weren't payin attention you would miss a lot of fish. We each got our limits but had to work hard for the bigger fish. Most fish were caught in 12'-20' fow down 6'-8'. I had to show my a$$ and have a little tantrum in the boat. It was one of those days that everything I touched turned to s**t. I did find out that B&M makes an awsome rod. After throwing it down in the boat, stomping on it trying to break it, having it bounce up and hit me in the lipDoh & not break, I'm sold. Gonna pick up another one this weekend. I sure did feel alot better after acting like a child!!!!! I guess sometime you just gotta let loose and vent.
    Good luck out there this weekend and dress warm y'all!!!!Name:  Jigs 002_crop.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  46.4 KB
    there will be days like that my mama said thanks for the report welcome to the club

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me like you had way too much RED BULL. Good job guys. How many other boats were out?
    Go Chiefs.
    jigin4abigun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast