Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Maxx Rods

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Maxx Rods

Anyone ues them? Looking at a couple of them to buy and wondered if anyone has any comments.
    Good/Bad?????
    Thanks
    Tom
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked at them in BPS a while back and liked the feel of them. What I really liked was the different action choices that were offered. I wouldn't buy online because of this. They were all well made and felt as good or better than others in their class. What I don't know is if they have replacement tips should one break. Warranty would be a sticking point for me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a couple 12' ML's. They're fine, although I like a bit more backbone for fishing pads. I also wish the last eye on the butt section was closer to the end, which would make it easier to store in a rigged position.

Post Thanks / Like

grandpaw has a 12fter and i have fished with it and like it alot

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of the tightline series w/okuma line counters that I use to pull cranks, good rods for crank bait trolling.....to stiff for anything else really....I like the 2 I have though

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fished-out View Post
    I've got a couple 12' ML's. They're fine, although I like a bit more backbone for fishing pads. I also wish the last eye on the butt section was closer to the end, which would make it easier to store in a rigged position.
    Run the jig under the reel and back up, hook in foam. Then wrap line around the rod two or three times til tight. Double rig hook top jig in bottom or next to the bottom eye, dependent on rod length and leader length. Follow steps from above for bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

These rods are from the same specs as old Wally Marshalls, which were great rods. No replacement tips. Great One year warranty.