Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some help

I am new to spider rigging. I have already ordered my Hi-Tek rod holder now I need some advise on which rod and reels to get. I want to get some bait casters but not sure what's best. Any help would be nice. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I reccomend BnM PST's or Capp & Coleman's. I use 14' C & C's and shakespeare bait casters. Go cheap on the reels as they are just there to hold line. I prefer a cheap baitcaster with a thumb bar as it makes letting line out lots faster and the reels are more compact than spinning reels. Found a deal online for reconditioned ones for $13 each.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

BnM PST (Pro Series Trolling) rods, I like 12' rods to keep a nice spread but still manageable. I started off using cheap spining reels, either Daiwa Sweepfire or Shimano IX series in a 2000/2500 size. Now I have some older baitcasting reels with thumb bars thatI picked up as a lot from Ebay earlier in the year. They aren't fancy, they just need to serve as a place to keep the line and retrieve the fish.

Grizzly Jig had the best prices on the rods the last time I bought some and they do show up in the classified section here on the board from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    I reccomend BnM PST's or Capp & Coleman's. I use 14' C & C's and shakespeare bait casters. Go cheap on the reels as they are just there to hold line. I prefer a cheap baitcaster with a thumb bar as it makes letting line out lots faster and the reels are more compact than spinning reels. Found a deal online for reconditioned ones for $13 each.
    What he said. I prefer the C and C's over the PST's, but both are fine rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 10 of the 12' B'n'M PST's and love them I'm using the Bass Pro Crappie Maxx Spining reels, because I like spinning reels better than baitcasters, there is no chance of backlash. With 10 lines in the water the last thing I wanted was a backlash. They were very inexpensive also I got them on sale for $15.00 each.

Driftmaster's Pro Staff