Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hitech placement

Post Thanks / Like

Question hitech placement

Hey everybody,
    I am wanting to put rod holders in my bass boat. I am going to go with the hitechs, but do I need one for each side or can I put one in front of my pedistal seat and use it for two poles? Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have one Hi-Tek base on the front deck of my bass boat at the forward-most part of the deck that allows me to utilize 4 rods without issues. I get a good spread and they are easily managed by a single person from the seat.

Post Thanks / Like

buy extra bases and you can move them any where....I use mine on the very fwd most front of the boat and I have extra mounts where I can put a set on each side of the boat and long line troll with the rods sticking straight out of the sides

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

look in the new boat pics posted and you can see some of the layouts both one and 2 rod holders.mine is the blue lowe and you can see the 2 hi tecks in the front of mine.I also have a add a seat and 2 more for the back for when the kids go.I also have bases on the sides for pulling cranks or still fishin at night.
    The only thing better than a day of fishing.Is a week of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I put 2 in the front of the boat. In ohio we're only allowed 2 rods and I usully want the 2 rods on the same side of the boat. With the 2 holders it's easy to switch rods from 1 side of the boat to the other.
    Your own personal fishing style should dictate your set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for ya'lls help. I ordered one to start with, I am sure I will be ordering more. Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

lovin my hi-teks

Post Thanks / Like

I have 10 Hi-Tech bases on my boat - Five up front and five in the back. Up Front - one dead center front, one real close to each front "corner" ( Crappie ) and one on the each back corner of the front deck ( anchored or drift Catfish ). In the back - one close to each far back corner (pull crappie and drifting cats ) and three across the back bench ( anchored catfishing ). These are on a 2060 'full open" Duracraft with one back bench. If I can figure out how to mount a base to the rolled side rail, and have it removeable, I will probably have at least two more, maybe four. ( I am working on that ). The holders are very versatile. I have both low and high riser sets; and both two and four rod holder width arms. And I can say I have used them every way you can; depending on application, wind, and current. I have caught everything from a 3 inch Yellow bass while Spider-rigging to a 60lb. plus blue cat anchored up in current.

Post Thanks / Like

My advice is to get in your boat with rods just like you were fishing in sitting posistion and move them around until they are out of way and easy to get too. I went to the lake and played around and marked mine with a magic marker before mounting. Keep in mind trolling motor, fishfinder, minnow bucket, etc.
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent advice MePreach. Originally I sat in my garage with the trolling motor down and front depthfinder mounted. I had my son hold; and place; a rod holder attached to the base at various positions where we thought we wanted one placed. we had a rod and reel in the holder. Did the same on the back deck. Find "the spot" and mark the base outline ( easier to find and match later than screw hole marks). Finding a natural position where you can just reach out and get to the rods makes for a much more relaxing, and productive, day of fishing. This will take two people to accomplish. and if you are planning to use more than one rod / real set up in a holder, check them both ( or all ). And; when you are fishing; and you think to yourself "Boy, it would nice to have a holder here for this" remember to check it out soon after the trip in the same way. Five of my ten bases were "positioned" based on "on the water" experiences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast