Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EGO net replacement

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EGO net replacement

I have been having trouble with my light wire hooks hanging up in the netting. The netting is so fine that I had a hard time removing, unless I used my sissors the cut the net. Tryed to find a replacement, and my friend Curtis showed me how he converted his with a crab net. I liked the netting because it was a poly nylon.

Here at Lake Talquin lodge they have a replacent crab net, but it is only for a 13" diameter net. Bought it anyway and installed on my frame. Like it, but I do not have any depth, fish can jump out. I looked up the mfg, Ed Cummins, Inc. and found that he has the replacement nets that I need and at a very cheap price.

Ordered one and it cost me $9.00 which includes shipping. Talked with Brenda and she was a great help. Out of the $9.00, $5.00 was for two day mail.

Check it out. Cummings Nets

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Looked at the site, but don't see the product you're talking about. I have the Ego Reach with the coated mesh not the rubber one and while I normally don't have a problem with hook sticks, sometimes the barb will slip through and you're right, it's tough to get it back out. Would be interested in this product if I could figure out which one you're talking about.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

you can call ego and order rubber replacement net I think for about 6 bucks

Post Thanks / Like

GO TO EGO S2 Slider Landing Nets And Accessories
    The Ego Net is manufactured here in Macon, Ga. 1-800-698-6841
    I am getting the EGO 2S SLIDER. I used one a couple of weeks ago while fishing with a new partner in a crappie tournament and it was a great net.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever handled one of EGO's rubber nets? TNT has one and it is heavy for one person to use.

As to the replacement nets, look at the net you use and look at the bottom of the spec's. Replacement nets are listed.
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

The one I used two weeks ago did not seem heavy to me. It could have been because the fish were so small!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt buy an EGO net because of their weight. Instead I got a Cummings net and am pleased with the weight, but having the same problems with the netting and hooks. I looked for the "crab net" too but never found it.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

The weave of the mesh net can be sealed up by spraying it with the spray on rubber in a can, like the plasti dip you use on tool handles. It seals up all the tiny holes in the ego mesh net to the extent that you seldom get the barb stuck any more. Have been very happy with my ego since spraying it. Does take several coats though letting it dry between coats. Adds almost no weight.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

Earl that is one cool looking net. May have to visit Grant on Guy Paine shortly. Good luck this weekend at Sinclair!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
    The weave of the mesh net can be sealed up by spraying it with the spray on rubber in a can, like the plasti dip you use on tool handles. It seals up all the tiny holes in the ego mesh net to the extent that you seldom get the barb stuck any more. Have been very happy with my ego since spraying it. Does take several coats though letting it dry between coats. Adds almost no weight.
    Good idea. Wish I had thought of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast