Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Of the Ozarks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Of the Ozarks

Today a friend and I went fishing and had no luck on crappie at all. We didn't have a boat so we had to fish on shore. If there are any tips or suggestions please tell me.

Post Thanks / Like

Find a dock you can fish off of. Start at one end of dock and work every inch of it deep to shallow. Try different colors/nibblets/minnows. Hopefully u find a dock that has some structure in the water under it. If not, look for dead trees in water that have fallen from the bank. Usually this time of year on LOZ we fish deeper water so if u can get permission to fish some docks that would be good or make friends with somebody that has a boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LipRipper23 View Post
    Find a dock you can fish off of. Start at one end of dock and work every inch of it deep to shallow. Try different colors/nibblets/minnows. Hopefully u find a dock that has some structure in the water under it. If not, look for dead trees in water that have fallen from the bank. Usually this time of year on LOZ we fish deeper water so if u can get permission to fish some docks that would be good or make friends with somebody that has a boat.
    Great advice.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Was there about a week ago fished the bank at PB 2 just past the docks. Threw an 1/8 oz roadrunner chart head and chart/white tube. Had about 12 in a couple hours when I snuck away from the shopping trip. Wife said no boat or poles it was her weekend. Found a pole while shopping magically. Anyhow I counted it down about 5 seconds and just reeled it in slow and picked up a few good luck. PS all items were found shopping walmart fishing section.
    The fish you release may be a kids fish of a lifetime!

Post Thanks / Like

Ha well i'm glad you could escape from the shopping trip. i will have to try that out next time i go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyver View Post
    Was there about a week ago fished the bank at PB 2 just past the docks. Threw an 1/8 oz roadrunner chart head and chart/white tube. Had about 12 in a couple hours when I snuck away from the shopping trip. Wife said no boat or poles it was her weekend. Found a pole while shopping magically. Anyhow I counted it down about 5 seconds and just reeled it in slow and picked up a few good luck. PS all items were found shopping walmart fishing section.
    Now thats what i call shopping....good man!!!!!
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyver View Post
    Did the fishing rod make it home with you, or did you have to ditch it so she wouldn't find out?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuckCreekMike View Post
    Did the fishing rod make it home with you, or did you have to ditch it so she wouldn't find out?!
    ya could have just returned it after you were done fishing, then used the cash to buy some hand soap to wash the fish smell off! never mind all that, just keep the fishing gear, she's gonna find out sooner or later. its much easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

if she gets mad just take her out to a nice place to eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast