Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help explain how to spider rig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help explain how to spider rig

What type of water? Is this where you just put foot on trolling motor along channels looking for crappie? Getting spider rigs for my boat to at least give my wife a rod holder so she don't have to hold long periods. But this type of fishing if I know how and it works would be great way for my wife. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Fishing #1 - Buggs Island Lake - YouTubeHere is one of many videos on spider rigging on youtube.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Spider riggin can be applied in many types of water....

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/archi...e-degrees.html. This article gives good info about where crappie should be...

Early in the year I'll be spider riggin creek channel ledges out in the mouths of the bays...

As the water warms... I'll be follwing these creek channel ledges farther back into the bays as the fish start moving towards their spawning grounds...

As the water warms more... I'll be spider riggin depth contours following the bank in 10-18 ft of water...

I'll pick a depth I think the fish are at... And I'll follow that depth for several 100 ft parallel with the bank...if I dont pick up any fish... I'll move shallower or deeper 2 ft.... And follow that depth contour for several 100 ft.... Still no fish... Change depth contour again....

Once I find the fish's preferred depth for that day... I'll continue following that depth until I'm done or until the fish quit... Then I change depths again until I find the fish's new preferred depth...

As the water warms more... I'll be moving shallower but still following the depth contours parallel with bank...

I'll continue getting shallower as the water warms until my outside poles on the bank side of my boat are nearly in 2-3 ft of water... My boat will be in about 7ft ...

Cold fronts may run the fish back out into deeper water at anytime so I may actually spider rig back out in deeper water from the normal progression of the fish moving shallower towards the spawn... But this is just temporary until the fish start moving shallower again....

After the spawn I follow the water depth progression noted above but in reverse... Following the fish back out to the mouths of the bays....

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 11-28-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor