Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Duck Hunters, OOps I mean deer hunters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck Hunters, OOps I mean deer hunters

So Friday and Sat. I see these boats running around and they are wearing all orange. I am a bit baffled, thinking duck hunters wearing orange?? When one boat draws near I say, getting many ducks? They yell back, ain't seen no ducks we are deer hunting, hear them dogs. I had no idea you can deer hunt from a boat.
    Oh, must have been a bass tournament as I am tooling around this deep water point the first bass boat pulls up, cast about 10 min then he takes off, a bit later another one does the same thing and this goes on for hours. I think some of those guys spend more time running than they do fishing. One guy does speak, only to say he has not caught a fish all day. Said he may go back to perch fishing cause gas is costing to much. I do see one in 10 bass guys stop and fish the deep hole, but most fish the shoreline. I do see them catch some nice fish on the point, but not this weekend. Saw one guy pull about 5 nice one off the point this late spring. Some of those holes are so full of fish I wish I knew what they were, I think they are chain pickerel or bowfin, as I do catch some of them on minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

i thought the same thing, on a nwr trip with hogchoker we talked to a deer hunter by boat.
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flatwater View Post
    I had no idea you can deer hunt from a boat.
    ONLY to transit. You cant even have your gun loaded inside the boat.
    This is me Oct 1st Nansemond River, Suffolk.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NWR BASH WINNER
    FEBRUARY 2011
    SPECKLE DIVISION

Post Thanks / Like

Notice the tide line on the grass and my motor UP. I run aground!!! good thing the tide came in about an hour later lol.
    NWR BASH WINNER
    FEBRUARY 2011
    SPECKLE DIVISION

Post Thanks / Like

russell ive got a few boat mod questions for you when you come get those jigs, gonna try to pick your brain on ideas for more storage in my boat
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Saw a boy down here one day on the Alligator river run a deer down with his boat that the dogs had run off the bank. Deer was trying to get to another place on the bank to get away and here comes the great white hunter on his boat, pulls out his rifle and starts banging away. He was right on the deer and never hit it and when He shot, He fell and busted his a$$ in the boat. He thought he looked cool but there sure won't any sport in what he was trying to do and when he fell down and liked to fell overboard, We bought fell out of the boat laughing especially when the deer made it the last 20 feet to the bank and got away. It is illegal down here too and I see why it is now.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    Saw a boy down here one day on the Alligator river run a deer down with his boat that the dogs had run off the bank. Deer was trying to get to another place on the bank to get away and here comes the great white hunter on his boat, pulls out his rifle and starts banging away. He was right on the deer and never hit it and when He shot, He fell and busted his a$$ in the boat. He thought he looked cool but there sure won't any sport in what he was trying to do and when he fell down and liked to fell overboard, We bought fell out of the boat laughing especially when the deer made it the last 20 feet to the bank and got away. It is illegal down here too and I see why it is now.CF
    RoflRoflRofl
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.