Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wavewalk kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Default wavewalk kayak

Anybody try one? Looks good, any opinions?

W Fishing Kayaks: Fishing Kayak Technical and Pricing Information

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I could fish from something like that, no room and I have no balance anymore.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Ilooked at the wavewalk and the Nucanoe. I went with the Nucanoe because it was more roomy to take my wife. Very stable but, if i was to fish by myself I was seriously considering the wavewalk.

Post Thanks / Like

Transporting them out of the water is the biggest knock that I have heard. Sort of heavy and very wide, not as easy to transport as a more traditional kayak/canoe shape.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Facts

The wave walk 500 weighs 59 lbs, which makes it one of the lightest fishing kayaks out there, and it's by far the stablest one, as dozens of reviews from disabled and elderly folks show.
    The 500 offers more passenger room and better tandem performance than other fishing kayaks, IMO

And if you're fishing from a motorboat, and you're worried about the limited range and stability issues normally associated with fishing kayaks, here's something you may find interesting: Motorized Kayaks | WAVEWALK FISHING KAYAKS

Post Thanks / Like

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM... fried spam with pineapple juice.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, looking for something for a lake close by. Ibought a bigger boat and can't use it there. Thought this would work for me, being a big guy it looks pretty stable.

Post Thanks / Like

We have one. I'm a big guy at 6'7" and 320, and it's nearly a submarine for me. They claim 350+ lb weight limit, but best guess is that if you weigh over 250, you better get something else.

However... Very light, very stable. My 2 sons, normal sized for adults ( my 14 year old is 5'11" and 150, 10 year old is 5'6" and 140), love it. No issue standing, great stability, easy to transport.

If you're a normal sized person, get one. You're riding high for casting and sight fishing, but with a low center of gravity due to using your legs for support (like a bicycle).