Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Missouri soon (PCS to Whiteman)/boat question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving to Missouri soon (PCS to Whiteman)/boat question

Hey guys, brand new to the forum and I am pumped to be moving to Whiteman/Missouri....be there in the spring of '12. I will live in the Warrensburg area so my main body of water I will fish will more than likely be Truman I assume (unless you guys have input into something better) but I am also really interested in fishing Stockton for Walleye, love to catch em, love to eat em more.

I like to bass fish (especially smallies) but I am more of a walleye, crappie, bluegill, catfish, striper, white bass kinda guy. I like to eat what I catch and all of those are pretty tasty. Here's the kicker, I am originally from MD, the freshwater fishing there has gone down hill, in my 20 years of fishing in MD waters I have never caught a crappie or walleye....I plan to remedy that when I get out there. My dad told me stories about him growing up in MD and catching hundreds of crappie in a day, but seems they just faded away, I'm sure pollution of MD waters has some play in that.

I don't have a boat at the moment....I will be buying one when I move out there. I have been looking at Deep V boats since I have a 2 year old, a 1 year old and will more than likely have a pregnant wife in the next year or so since I am currently deployed and so is she at the moment, we won't actually reunite until we are at Whiteman. My wife loves to camp and fish...so a mod v is out for me....if it was just me and my buddies or my wife and I, I would go mod v, but since we will have the rugrats in tow often, it looks like I HAVE to go deep V. I am currently looking at these boats to fit the bill....any input is SERIOUSLY appreciated. I have been researching my butt off on these and I have read through some of the forums, but wanted to see if anyone had any of these specific boats. Would be a huge help. Any idea on the pricing on these? From what I have seen I am looking at 20-25+ K, I think....pricey for me, but having been shot at makes me want to make this happen sooner than later.Thumbs Up Lowe and G3 are at the top due to close proximity to dealerships and from what I have read they are quality boats.

Lowe 18 ft Fishing Machine Deep-V Fishing Machine Boats by Lowe - Fishing Machine 185

Lowe 18 ft Fish and Ski Deep-V Fish & Ski Boats by Lowe - Fish & Ski 185

G3 18 ft Angler G3 Boats : Angler V185 F

G3 18 ft Fish and Ski G3 Boats : Angler V185 FS

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Mo. and thanks for serving hope you get a loaded livewell.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site and Show Me land. Dealers for both brands in that area are people that I know well and would not be hesitant to recommend, let me know if I can help you with an introduction. Both are potentially good choices, one will be most likely packaged with a Merc and the other with a Yamaha so if you have an engine brand preference that could heavily influence your decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Mo board....there's none better. Thanks to you and Mrs. tcmofo for your service!

I think any of those boats will serve you well, and truthfully there's probably only personal choice to consider. The thing you want to do, tho, is do some research as to the add-ons you will want....trolling motor and fish finders being at the top. Set it up really well right at the start and you will be happy with whichever boat you choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome 2 our world and get ready to meet some great fishing buddies. And buy the boat that you like not what everyone else says is the best

Post Thanks / Like

I know nothing about boats .. but, welcome to the area and thanks to you & your wife for your service.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the MO board and thank you for your service! There are a bunch of good folks in that area who will be more than happy to point you in the right direction

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the move. You will love Missouri! I myself just moved down here from Chicago with the wife and our two little girls ( 4 and 2) and we love it here. I have a Tracker Targa 18WT that I bought new back in 2002 for Lake Erie and Lake Michigan use. I love my boat, but I have found that with the windshield and our winds down here, it is hard to stay on top of a spot. If I could change boats I would opt for a single console or dual console with lowprofile wind shields. Just my opinion though.

As others have said buy what YOU want, not what others tell you to buy. Lowe makes some darn good boats and if I was in the market I would be looking really hard at them.

In fact the wife is trying to talk me into a pontoon since our little ones like to fish and be on the water, but that would envolve a new boat payment, and I like not having one right now. BUT they do make some pretty nice fishing pontoon rigs as well.

Decisions, Decisions.

Stay safe and thanks for your service.

Pat
    2001 Tracker Targa W/T with a 90ELPTO Mercury
    2008 F250 6.4 Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site and thank you for your service.You are not far from some great fishing on that end of Truman and a good bunch of people up there will help you out with anything you need.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from washington, MO. you are gonna love misouri! big crappies and hybreds and HUGE catfish and truman is a top spot for em all. (Don't forget the missouri river for catfish) the boats you have listed are all great choices for most all of our waters. just get one with a REALLY big live well. welcome to the show-me state!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast