Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Up the Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Up the Creek

The weather hasn't been real cooperative lately, the high winds have had me homeward bound. Then last eve Dan, Dan the minnerman called and was wanting to go fishing. I guess they don't have weather forecasts in Neb. and I asked him if he knew it was going to blow 40mph today. Then he laid it on me thick, "I know you know where to go, I just wanna catch some fish". So, I thought and went through my mental checklist, both slots, and we ended up doodling a creek. Caught some fish too, quite a few. Most were dinks, but at the end of the day he had a bucketful for his folks. The rains had the water pretty stained looking and early the fish were 4'-6' and then this evening they were 1'-3', but all day they were deep in the sticks. Not one fish was easy pickens or in an open hole or area. Had to rub the branch and hold next to the trunk. Bright green or glow and pearl assassins. Those are my favorite river/creek jigs since thats their main food source. :p(fD)

Post Thanks / Like

wtg 40 mph wind there prolly was white caps creeks pretty good place to fish this time of year

Post Thanks / Like

up the river yesterday with doc assassins and orange carrots were the key today early bite 1 ft deep in the laydowns later in morn deeper they went by noon the eaters had same as quit cleaned enough for the girls a fish fry thanks jeffry

Post Thanks / Like

Your Welcome Jim, just needed to get out of the wind and get bit. Glad to help and glad the fishy's helped also. Early they were SHALLOW 1'-2', high in the laydowns. I even put on a bobber, this let me fish even further out in the brush with my 10'er. It also allowed me to get my rig back easier if nobody was home. That chart/perch assassin with an orange head was flat HOT for me till 11am. We had 5 fish 13"-15" with the rest being keepers. Lots of future fish too. Ima thump junkie, and yesterday was a fix. Whens the fish fry and do I need to bring some fixings. I sure like them river minnow fed crappies.