Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain; Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain; Report

Just got in from MT. We caught 28, most in the 10" to 12". To all the guys that said they're on the banks (horsehockey). If the weather stays good, next weekend should be really good. Water above 107 bridges is pretty dingy, but thats where we did the best. Could'nt beg a fish to touch a jig or a jig and minnow. Every fish we caught was in 5 to 6 feet of water, minnow under a float around 2.5 to 3ft. All but 6 fish were males, the females were full of eggs and not alot of blood veins in them. Most places the temp was 57 to 59 degrees. One thing that really shocked me was we did'nt catch alot of dinks, might have thrown back 5 or 6 short fish. Anyway in my opinion, if the weather stays good be there next weekend it ought to be great...izzy Had to come back and add this, it started raining on us at the junction and did'nt stop till we got to Marthasville. If the lake got that rain we went through, you can kiss the spawn goodby. Man it poured...izzy Second edit, stopped at Maggies for breakfast. Got done eating and went to use the facilities, as i was sitting there i looked up at the door and seen in big letters WOMEN. Hurried up and got out, only to open the door to my buddies and the waitress. I'll never here the end of it...izzy
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 04-15-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

How Embarassing:o That's going to be hard to live down.
    Thanks for the report Izzy
    Plan on going up next Saturday.
    Things sound like they are going to get good soon.

Good Luck
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the info. izzy... I recently walked in the womens jon, my wife and daughter were chukling as I rushed out and said no wonder there was no urinal... was at MT Thursday afternoon till dark, water temp. in main channel was 55, fished north end coves off main lake, crappie moved in the points of a secondary cove at sun down where temp. was 60... that last half hour of light was non stop slow drifting with the wind at 2.5 feet over 10' of water. Had a bonus 3 lb channel to finish off the day... only 3 dinks and the rest were 10" - 12" ... another note- they were all black crappie... if this pattern continues on size, it should be a good year.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by N2Crappie
    How Embarassing:o That's going to be hard to live down.
    Thanks for the report Izzy
    Plan on going up next Saturday.
    Things sound like they are going to get good soon.

Good Luck
    N2
    Embarrassed huh, got 3 phone calls today. All asking to speak to SHIRLEY, i might as well move to another state. Just kidding, but believe me it's coming...izzy:D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shirley!!!!! When you heading up again? :D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

You lousy no good, hehe. Don't know, just got off the phone makin our reservations at Osage Bluff for the last week of the month. 4 days and 3 nights of nothin but fishin, lookin forward to it. Got trips planned for most of May, probably June at the earliest. Hey Barry (and others) go to Osage Bluff Marina's web sight-photo's-2006 and checkout the crappie a guy got last month. It's a hawg...izzy WHOOPS, the 12th. of this month. www.osagebluff.com/albums/2006/3-4lbcrappie.jpg
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 04-16-2006 at 02:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a real Hog!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

All in all Barry i was pretty pleased with Twain Sat. Was low but had no troubles gettin around, and it was the first time i did'nt catch 100 6" fish. Could well be a real good year for 10 to 12 inch fish this year. One of the other guys that went had about the same size fish we did with 1 i'm guessing at a tad over 15...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

I need to find someone to go up Tues!

Post Thanks / Like

If you go, try the 2 coves just West of the 107 bridge on the North side, and the large one that forks on the South side (Buzzards Roost) on the Middle Fork. Thats where we done the best, wonder how much rain they got Sat. afternoon. Boy we got poured on all the way home...izzy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast