Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Spring, Jacomo ? Longview ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Spring, Jacomo ? Longview ?

Anyone fishes these waters ?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Blue springs,Jacomo,Longview?

I have never fished any of these lakes.But i would like to know more about them.I cannot fish jacomo due to hp limit.Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe mduncan62 fishes blue springs quite abit.I fish jacomo in a weekly bass tourn. and see alot of crappie come out of the lake but cant tell you much on what they use or where.

Post Thanks / Like

Longview - I always start in the cove north of mouse creek boat ramp. It's the 1st cove off the main lake so I am sure that is why there are there. I just follow the old creek channel and dip a jig next to the larger tree trunks as I go to the back. You can get back to some very shallow water if you want to.

Blue Springs- When you leave the marina head north across the open water to one of the two coves on that side. I like the 1st one the best. I fish it just like I do Longview. Also If you want to fish a lot of shallow water I would go all the way to the east side of the bridge to the very back. I takes a while to get there but you have a very nice old creek channel to follow that will take you some woody flats.

You have to understand that I hunt for crappie like I do bass. I keep on the move, dipping jigs anywhere I think looks good. When I catch one, I stay until I am sure that I have tried everything I know, then move on.
    Last edited by KCBH; 04-18-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue springs,jacomo,longview

Thanks for the info.I think i will start fishing these lakes instead of smithville.Due to gas prices and ramp fees.Does anyone know what water temp is at any of the three?

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a boat, I would fish Prairie Lee Lake before any of the other three.
    The lake is full of huge stripers (10lbs +) alot of huge bass and crappies.

The lake is easy to fish. Most natural brush piles are easy to find. The water is deep 35+ feet, and it has only 5 coves. One huge flat area that has a creek feeding it.I had my biggest stringer of my bassin career there with 9 casts, 7 bass, 45 lbs or so.

I got burned out about five years ago, sold my boat and quit fishing all together. I started fishing again last year and it's fun again. If you need a guide at PL I would be happy to go with you and show you all the holes. I think in all the years that that was my home lake I only fished maybe 5 times for crappies. It was only when I took my neighbor that I fished for them. The bass fishing was great. I remember that I played it like a golf course, I had 18 spots that held fish. If I didnt have alot of time I would just hit/play 9 holes.

Now that I think about it, there has to be some huge crappies in there. And they should be easy to find.

Post Thanks / Like

Friend of mine caught a 15 1/2 " crappie at PL last friday. Said it was a fluke. Had tried shallows with a few dinks. Gave up and was actually trolling for whites when he caught it. Pictures and measurments taken and a copy being made now.:D
    Last edited by Bluejay; 04-25-2006 at 07:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that lake. When I moved here 20 years ago you could hammer the bass. The lake had a city sewer overflow problem back then and no one would dare swim in it. Haha. But it didnt hurt my boat and it was like having my own private lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Blue springs,Jacomo,Longview?

I am going to try jacomo tomorrow after it starts warming.Will post up when i get in.Water temps soundjust right.

Post Thanks / Like

It was pretty nasty stuff if I remember it correctly. It entered the lake from the east side creek near the boat ramp. I didn't care because I just wanted the fun of catching them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast