Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your fishfinder setup?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your fishfinder setup?

I currently have an older Garmin 240 on the console and a Lowrance X125 on the bow. My garmin is slowly dying so I plan to move the lowrance to the console and put a new one on the bow. I want a high pixel count (i.e 480 X 480), at least a 5" screen and at least a 60° cone. Any recommendations?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

My past boat all had hummingbird that is the only brand I have ever liked. Dont ask me why it is a just cuz thing. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

I Have The X125 On Front And Back And I Have Been Happy With Them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What brand is X125?

I bet that not everyone reading this post will know that the X125 is from Lowrance?

I have had humminbird depth sounders for over 30 years and have enjoyed using them the entire time.

My first depth finder was a Lowrance and it provided me and dad with years of good performance. In fact it would be excellent for taking out in a canoe or ice fishing if I still had it. It ran on two 6 volt dry cell batteries and was portable.

Then my next depth finder was a humminbird flasher unit. It was a good unit also and it never failed me. I had to learn to interrupt the signals but that was not very hard. I already knew how to do that from using the Lowrance.

My last depth finder was a Humminbird LCR 8000 which I purchased around 1984 or thereabout. It's still going strong. I sent it in to Humminbird one year for repairs and they shipped it back to me in good repair. Been using it ever since. It may not have lot of screen pixels but I can see fish with it. They appear as a big pixel ( square shape on the screen but I know they are fish. I have been able to see suspended crappie at 10ft deep below the surface and catch them. It cost a lot back then, around 800 bucks. But I have been using it for over 25 years now and it's still going strong. I tested it just today and it's still working great.

Humminbird is taking the lead in developing new sonar units for the regular fishermen as well as for commercial fishermen.

The new sidescanning sonar units show that Humminbird is leading the field in putting out new technology and I trust the Humminbird brand.

I may be getting a big check sometime soon and I am eying the 987SI's really close now. LOL Some woman ran into my truck and her insurance company may be paying for the damage soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY4UA
    I Have The X125 On Front And Back And I Have Been Happy With Them.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance LMS 480 on the console and X-100c on the front.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any comments on the Lowrance 102c unit?

I have narrowed down my choices for a bow mounted unit with the transducer on the trolling motor to the lowrance 102c. Does anyone out there have one or have any comments on this unit?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Humminbird 535 wuth narrow beam that is good for reading structure and a Humminbird Matrix 17 with dual beam and GPS. For the money these two units do a wonderful job.

The Matrix 17 is great for finding fish and with the GPS it can put you right on the spots you want to fish. I am very happy with both units.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

Garmin 160 "broken" 12' Uncle Bucks w/jig "workin"
    Last edited by Pooch; 04-16-2006 at 04:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

pinpoint 7820 on front and back...well satisfied with them. 480 by 480.

Post Thanks / Like

X 125 on the front and a LMS 332C on the back.
    All I'll own are Lowrance.
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast