Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Don't forget at Holiday Seanon To.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't forget at Holiday Seanon To.....

I did put out the same request / Reminder last year and due to some very heartfelt replies, want to send similar out again.

Nobody probably remembers, but my wife has terminal cancer. Thanks to God and prayers, or whatever you may belive in, she is still with me. Has had radiation therapy, was in hospital twice. Had multipe transfusions, but is still the purpose of my life, my best fishing partnes and my strenght. I am her primary care giver.

In the past year, our Future Son - in Law was murdered, this past May 15th. Shot in the head from behind.

This Saturday will be three weeks, that my wife's mother passed away.

My oldest daughters Mother in Law died the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

It has been a tough year, especially with Matt Little, being murdered at 27. My daughter has left the state because she could not cope. Hopefully, we will be close to her soon

In any event, we have met many people with various circumstances. My greatest hope is that this note, will motivate some fellow board members to remember to contact someone that may have lost a close relative and is now alone, or an old friend that is alone.. Someone perhaps sick. Or somebody that has a been pain in your side. We all need support. I know it is easy to say, but just want to say it. Until something happens to you or your family, you do not think about it. Even a phone call makes a big difference, trust me. Tragedies can be so quick and are usually not expected. Even children that you may have been removed or isolated from, need support and love. I am sure everyone understands what I mean. With the pace of life, the economy and uncertainty, time goes by very quickly.

I hope everyone does have a Great Holiday Season. If only a few people take this to heart, it will be great. Even saying hello and smiling to a stranger can make someone feel good. Does not have to coast money.

One last thing. Folks that contacted me before, I wanted to get back to, but computer malfunctions have caused me to lose much of what I had saved.

Post Thanks / Like

Have had some rough time over the last few years my self so understand how it can be. I guess the worst was when my oldest son was blown up by an IED in Baghdad Dec 22 2006 and side has had his leg amputated and 3 more times that they had to take a bit more. He still has no buttocks, but is doing pretty good and hopefully some day they will come up with something that will allow his stump not to tear open from his Prosthesis, but his skin is so thin from the burns and has no padding between his leg bone and his socket of the prosthesis. He and family are still doing pretty good and he still in the and his wife works for wonder Warrior Foundation. He works for SOCOM (Special Ops Command).

Sure sounds like it's your turn for a good break and I wish for you to get it!

May God Bless you and your family!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes we all tend to think we have it hard until you hear someone elses story. May God Bless you and your family as well as anyone else in need, suffering or despair.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

God Bless you all and your families this holiday season. I can't imagine myself in a situation like these.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, but just spread around some happiness to all you know.

Skip nice stuff on website.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jake!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!