Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alaskan trip in january

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alaskan trip in january

My wife Judy will be ministering to young women in Nome Alaska the middle of January. Nome Alaska is the "Suicide Capital of the World" amoung young women. These are her words.

I have been given the opportunity to be a part of a team going to Nome, Alaska to hold a Womens Conference. Nome is a very dark place spiritually, and known as the "Suicide Capital of the World", because of the many suicides there each year among young women. I will be helping with the Worship, some speaking, and a lot of prayer time.
    In order to go on this trip, I need to raise $1800. in a very short time. This money will go through the International Sports Federation, a non-profit Missions group that is a part of the Baptist Ministry. None of the money will go to me, but will be used to pay for the trip, airfare, lodging, food, ect..
    If you feel led to be a aprt of this trip God has called me to, I would love for you to share in the glory of what He will be doing there. I will be the feet, you will be the hands. God's Word tells us that nothing can be done without the whole body. If you feel led to contribute, you may do so by going to the website below. There will be an area that says "SPONSOR a Volunteer." You would just enter my name in that space, and the amount that you would give. There is no gift too big or small.
    If you don't feel led to contribute financially, I would ask that you remember me in your prayers. I know that this trip will be a challenge for me physically, as my body does not hold up to Oklahoma winters, let alone -40 temperatures, but know that because of the cost physically, will be a bigger blessing spiritually. I most covent your prayers, however, that God will use me in a mighty way. I want to be a simple humble servant that becomes a spiritual giant, in His hands, being a part of life changing experences for these women. Please pray that their hearts will be prepared to recieve what our great God has in store for them.

Thank you , and God Bless You,

Judy McGuire

Sports Mission Donations, Support Sports Missions, Coach, Play | ISF
    and you can give any amount

or mail to:
    ISF PO Box 2788 Acworth Ga. 30102

This will be a demanding trip but with great rewards not only for my family but for others as well. Thanks from my heart for reading this and your Prayers....Ranger Thumbs Up
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be praying for her trip and interacting with these young people, she'll need it. I worked with these young people while in Anchorage several years ago while working in a psych facility. They're extremely difficult to reach due to their culture.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

If she has room in her luggage, I recommend she take a bag of oranges with her. Oranges sell for around $8.00 per pound when they're available. She'll be a big hit when she starts passing them out at the meeting.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Again Thanks Jim....Trying to put together some sub 0 degree clothing for her and I am finding it pretty hard to find clothes for a 4'11" girl. Its do'able with the net but challenaging. Will pass along the oranges idea to her......I was going with this same group for Dog Race later in the year to speak and minister to the group of sledders, plus take care of their dogs somewhat like feeding and watering but now since my wife has decided to go I guess 1 trip to Alaska is enough for 1 year.....I think for my wife this will be an experience of a lifetime and I pray a life altering experience for others as well..Thanks Again Jim.....Ranger
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Have attained all my wifes (Judy) sub 0 clothing and awaiting the arrival time of her trip 1/11/12. Continue praying for her and the group of women heading into this trip for a safe trip, life altering experience not only for this group but the young women they will be speaking to, and Gods will be done for all....Thanks Ranger09
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

5 days and counting til the big bird lifts off..-39 today in Nome, its gonna be cold...oranges will be packed Jim...Thanks for all the prayers from all....Ranger
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited for you guys, you're going to have the time of your life and I'm looking forward to hearing a good report when you return.

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger, thank you for posting about your wife's trip. I'll be praying for there travel and that God would use them to show love in a very dark place.

Post Thanks / Like

Has arrived in Anchorage at 4:30pm our time today, 1:30pm there. Was 27 degrees and 13" of fresh snow with very little wind. Had a 3 hr layover plus 1 hr delay before leaving for the remainder of the trip to Nome. Said the mountains were breath taking as they flew in all snow capped and majestic. She was all smiles and upbeat so far but she hasn't really seen the cold temps yet. Will arrive in Nome somewhere between 2 and 3 am our time.
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast