Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's ALIVE

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's ALIVE

Well, I know you've all seen the posts from Speck, Bob and Beagle about our little adventure last week. Many of you may have noted that I didn't respond to any of the posts - for good reason, I assure you. First things first. Speck, Bob and Beagle - what a great trip. I had a ball. Companionship was great, the fishing slowed up as the trip went on, but we managed to get limits 3 out of 4 days, food was outstanding (most of the time), and the campfire time was exceptional. Speck and I discovered ZingZang bloody mary mix (ummmm) and everything went great until the very last day. Now for the rest of the story. . . . My gut felt awful empty Thursday morning, but with the help of a couple of cups of coffee and a Lil Debbie's brownie we headed to the water. I knew I was in for a tough morning heaving on the ramp when we put in. Things went downhill from there. Within about 30 minutes, I knew I had the flu. The front deck of my boat isn't any better for it, but we managed to catch several nice fish about 10 feet down, right off the chum line I was spewing out. Met a couple of new CDC members. I think I made a really good impression. We pulled out and went up the creek, and although my guts were in it, my heart really wasn't. We pulled out about 10 or so, and got some gatorade. It sure tasted better (twice) as we were putting the boat away. That continued 'til about 8 that night, when the other end fired up. Had to play music Friday night (thank goodness I didn't need the bowl onstage), and then went to bed for four days. I think I'm finally on the mend and Thanksgiving dinner is still sitting pretty as of this report. Sorry, guys for having to quit early on Thursday, and I hope that none of you guys caught my bug. It was really, really a fun trip. Let's do it again. I may try to head down next week to replenish my firewood supply and see if I can find some action around Bucksaw. Thanks again, all.

Your CHUM,

Jim
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

You are one tough son of a gun Jim i think i'd have wrapped it up after the second chum line was layed.....but it sounds like a great trip and a great time with buddies,glad you're on the mend old friend.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are feeling better Jim. That's a good buddy to even get on the water feeling like that. Then to even load up and move to another area. I know the guys had a great time that week fishing and camping with the DR. Was good to run into you guys in the honey hole last week and sure wish I could have made it down for the campfire but just did not work out. Maybe next time.

Post Thanks / Like

well sir it was as stated before a great time,,,,, them boats will clean up the bowels will tighten up them crappy will wait,,,, notice I said crappy. an a good time will prevail next trip... I too had the bug but only downstairs was affected. later man

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are on the mend and hope it only gets better.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are feeling better Dr Jim. I knew you were miserable Thursday. I kept saying "Come on Jim, let's reel up and go" Jim kept insisting on fishing a little longer. Don't think I could have done it if I were in his condition. I felt bad for you bud. However, despite that, I had a great time with you, Beagle and Bwillaub again. The campfires, bloody Mary's story's and jokes were a blast!!!! The comradery made the week great!!! Fishing was just icing on the cake. Even though the bite slowed as the week went on, it sure seems like we filleted a bunch of fish Glad to hear you are feeling better Jim. Maybe you shouldn't have kissed Beagle goodnight and gave him the bug also I hope we can do it again next year. Thanks for everything. You guys are the best!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are feeling better Jim. I wished I could have made it over to visit with you guys....always enjoy listening to your stories.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

been there Jim, wait till you get a little older, you will know why you bring corks along............. if it wasn't for corks or depends I couldn't go fishing....... now I know why buckwheat1 give me a roll of new toliet paper for my birthday, at least it was in a plastic baggie.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great story just sorry it was at the expense of you having to be sick. I could almost smell it as I read your post and got a little queasy. Glad your feeling better.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are feeling better, my friend. I sure felt bad for you out there but I'm sure not nearly as bad as you felt. Enjoyed the time spent with you, Chris1, and Michael. Was a great time spent with good friends. I'm ready to get out when you are.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast