Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: La cygne this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default La cygne this weekend

Hi all,I"m driving up from Springfield this weekend to Olathe and my bro-in-laws are wanting to hit lacygne friday. I was hoping I could get some advice on what's working there and places to hit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to try for crappie and white bass but i'm not picky. whatever it biting!Thanks in advance,Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Only fished there a few times but, my best luck has been putting in at the very far north end. Where the river comes into the lake, Im probably wrong on this but, I was thinking it was the maradescygne. There is a campground there, we always stayed there, and fished around the bridge. We always called it the Jingo bridge. I have actually fished right off the bridge and caught some nice fish. Hope you have good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Wind is really gonna blow and that lake gets dangerous. Be careful. Haven't been there for 2 months, so not much help right now. The hot water discharge will always produce whites. Try the bluffs and damn too and you can find some fish. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

with the wind they are say we're going to have this weekend I would think about going to another lake mound city either the old or new one . I haven't fish either one in a bit so I can't say what color or depth. If your hart is set on La Cygne stay up in the river and fish the lay downs. blue/char is always a good color to start with. As you come out of the river the bluffs right in front of you are a good place also. Be careful like chad said I wouldn't get out on the main lake unless you're fishing in a deep V. Not sure off the road you take to get to the north ramp I think there is a cell tower right there .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. Well we braved it, and it was all sorts of windy. The waves were huge! the 18' triton worked overtime in those. Once we got around to the bluff area it was perfect. we could look over about 100 yards away and it was nasty all day. We spent the day slowly moving back and forth on the bluffs and caught all sorts of fish. There was no rhyme or reason to what they wanted. My bro-in-law caught a 14" white crappie on a 12" plum worm. Lots of small bass ranging 6"-14" were caught. I lost count on how many. I slow jigged a blue and white bobby garland on a 16th oz head and caught 4 11"-13" crappie. One of them was the blackest crappie i have ever seen. I was catching bass and catfish on the jig also. My other bro-in -law was using square bill cranks and doing well with that. I switched over to a small white spinner and tailed it with another blue and white bobby garland and that did well. Kind of a random day but very productive and fun day. The wind died down about 4:30 a bit which made the ride back much better.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

Way to get out there, brave the wind, and catch some fish.
    With the hot water being generated what was the water temp around the bluff area this time of year? The only time i've been there was late March, the hotwater discharge was high 70's and the majority of the rest of the lake was mid 50's. Courious how fast that lake cools down in the fall\winter.

Tim.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there two weeks ago myself and the water temp was 62 at the outlet and 42 at the dam lake seemed pretty low but havent fished it alot to know whats normal.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board jhale5390...lots of good info.and sometimes DRAMA!
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Good reports.