Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal Mart

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wal Mart

Found this down in the Saltwater forum and it only had 85 views. Hope Irish1 don't mind me posting the link from here. If it has already been here, sorry, just seen it today.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/salt-...ng-groups.html

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, think of their return on that move. It's a tax write off, etc. etc. Support your local fishing supply. Walmarthas enough money.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

bet you bass pro shop gets my biz now

Post Thanks / Like

I read about the first few lines and it solidified my stand on WalMart. I'll buy from the small local guy, I've lost faith in the amusement parks also.

Post Thanks / Like

But Guys,,we are now programed to shop at wal-mart..or as i like to call it,,china mart...unfortunately, we realize this after wal-mart had driven the small man out of business. Honestly, I think Sam Walton would have run off all the bean counters long ago had he lived...locally, you can't get down the isles for illeagal immigrants bouncing balls and screaming kids...ah,,thank god for cabela's, bass pro...etc,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xring View Post
    But Guys,,we are now programed to shop at wal-mart..or as i like to call it,,china mart...unfortunately, we realize this after wal-mart had driven the small man out of business. Honestly, I think Sam Walton would have run off all the bean counters long ago had he lived...locally, you can't get down the isles for illeagal immigrants bouncing balls and screaming kids...ah,,thank god for cabela's, bass pro...etc,,
    I couldn't agree more.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xring View Post

You just might be surprised. Go to DHGate website and crawl around a little. Things aren't always what they seem. The bottom line, look for "Made in the USA". Buy local, keep your money home as long as possible. Sure guys are proud of their craftsmanship, but they live in houses, not boxes or lean-toos.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Wal Mart. They do good things for the local community, but no one ever mentions the good part. Go somewhere else and buy your China.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless I wanna ride for an hour every time I want some fishing stuff I dont have much choice about where I spend my money. I'd love being able to support the mom and pop shops more but living on a budget now that I'm retired I have to be more aware of my pennies and unfortunately my dollars goes farther on at Walmart. I saw a post about this "tax write-off" a few weeks ago and really didnt understand why they picked this one. Walmart still sponsors the FLW tours.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I like Wal Mart. They do good things for the local community, but no one ever mentions the good part. Go somewhere else and buy your China.
    You tell 'em, Cane Pole. :D

If you don't like China-made goods, you should boycott Bass Pro, Cabela's, and BnM. Orvis is a fine American company. They'd be happy to sell you a $400 jig pole.

Also, I defy anybody who owns an F-150 to go on the Ford Foundation website and tell me they agree with every contribution they make. Whatever Walmart is doing, I guarantee that Ford is doing a hundred times over. I’m not as familiar with the GM Foundation, but I’m sure that they give to the same enviro-loon groups that Ford does.

If you boycotted every company that contributed money to a cause you disagreed with, you’d be growing your own food, sewing your own clothes, and walking everywhere. You wouldn't have a cell phone or even a land line, and you certainly wouldn't own a computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast