Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Jigs

I'm going to sit down at the bench and tie up some new jigs. I've got a few combo's I'd like to do, but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions? I normally have a mind that thinks outside the box, but am a little brain dead lately. If anyone has any jigs they use to be able to find but they are discontinued or hard to find I'd like to know what they were! I'm just trying to pick your brains. I'll post pictures of them when they are finished!
    Thanks, Trevor

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a few I have tied up. i have done real well with the ones with the spinner tied in the body.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've ever seen the spinner tied to the shank like that...neat

Post Thanks / Like

Default jigs

I like the hammered willow leaf blade on the body. In the spring I use a white plastic curly tail road runner with an orange head and the crappie love that.

jigin4abigun

Post Thanks / Like

I've been doin well on an oddball latley yellow/pink/yellow.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great lookin jigs Jared!!!! Bugs, post a pic of your odd ball color. I'd like to see one.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter project

I've started my winter long project of re-stocking my jig box. Whey I tye, I usually do 18 of each jig. I hate to run out or not have enough to share if one gets hot. The first jig I have been tyeing since 1965. It will catch fish any time of the year, and on any body of water in the country. I fish Mozingo a quite a bit and the white one it's necessary to have a bunch. I have about 20 paterns that I keep on hand.
    Name:  DSCN1692.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  31.4 KBName:  DSCN1669.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  50.9 KBName:  DSCN1689.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  40.0 KBName:  DSCN1668.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  59.6 KB
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter they all look great. I like the first one and it should be a great one for Truman. Love the paint on the heads. Nguess they are airbrushed for detail. I have been wanting to by an airbrush to play with. Was thinking about powder coating first then hitting with the airbrush for highlights. If that is how you do it what type of airbrush and paint do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't airbrush. Just powder paint and use a brush and tap the second color on. I use a propane torch, heat the jig, do main color, back to flame really quick, sprinkle second color, back to flame real quick then cold water to set. You can also add a 3rd color if you want. I cure at 350 deg for 20 min. I use main kitchen over with this rack.
    Name:  DSCN1544.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  33.6 KB
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are really nice! I'm a novice and most look like a pre-schooler did it, but I still catch a ton of fish on them. I mainly use kiptail, some maribou, and some bucktail with some flash. Hoping practice helps improve. I've checked UTube vids, and try to mimic them, but though I do see some improvement, it's still no where near your quality. Probably your rejects are my top ones. But heck, I still catch fish with em, just not as pretty. Keep dippin!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast