Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat??

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat??

I've been looking around for a cheap boat and ran across this one. 15' Cruise Craft Center Console & 25HP Evinrude w/Trailer
    It looks interesting but never seen one quite like it before. Any opinions on the deal if the motor checks out good?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen alot of those under many different names down here. Pretty utilitarian type hull. Buddy had one similar and it was OK. Might post up a thread on the hull truth. Someone there will probably know.

Post Thanks / Like

kind a like the mckee craft or a Boston whaler i use a mckee craft 15ft with a hull just like it and the 25 hp evinrude i love it i can fish4 times on 6 gal of gas
    team member

of the 2011 winners of the c.d.c. lake hartwell fall fest

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy swanson View Post
    kind a like the mckee craft or a Boston whaler i use a mckee craft 15ft with a hull just like it and the 25 hp evinrude i love it i can fish4 times on 6 gal of gas
    Was it a pretty stable boat?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

BB, I'd see if I could take it out on the lake....with or without the owner. Looks like a lightweight boat which means alot of bouncing and wobbling, especially when on the bass seat up front. 15' doesnt allow for alot of storage. Not saying anything is wrong, but I also noticed the transom was replaced. I'd pay that perticular attention too. The boat is clean. Everything appears to have been replaced and is new. What hasnt been replaced looks to be in good order for as much as you can see in the pictures. I'd do a compression check on the engine before buying it (I'd do that with any used motor). Might be just what youre looking for. If it checks out I'd say the price is real good too.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't dream of buying a used motor without doing a compression check and checking the lower unit for water intrusion.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    BB, I'd see if I could take it out on the lake....with or without the owner. Looks like a lightweight boat which means alot of bouncing and wobbling, especially when on the bass seat up front. 15' doesnt allow for alot of storage. Not saying anything is wrong, but I also noticed the transom was replaced. I'd pay that perticular attention too. The boat is clean. Everything appears to have been replaced and is new. What hasnt been replaced looks to be in good order for as much as you can see in the pictures. I'd do a compression check on the engine before buying it (I'd do that with any used motor). Might be just what youre looking for. If it checks out I'd say the price is real good too.Thumbs Up
    X2 The price is right but I would really check it out!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

i see nothing wrong if the motor checks out. i have a 16 foot grizzly with a foot control trolling motor with2 batteries does me good

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of open walk around space on that boat. You do need to get it in the water to see how the draft is, how is the motor on keel, how does it handle in rough water. What size motor was that? Do you have permission to take it to your marina for a check up and check out on the water?
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going up to Yorktown tomorrow to check it out.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast