Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Last minute help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last minute help

I hate to break a little off topic here, but I need a little help tonight. I picked up my new boat today and I am very eager to take it out Saturday. The dealer told me to be sure to follow the break in procedures for my Suzuki DF115. Well got it home tonight and the Dumb &^*# left the owners manual out of the package he gave me (what a pain in the *(&^ they've been, but that's a different story.)

Can anybody help me with what the break in procedure is for a Four Stroke Suzuki DF115.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new boat! You may be able to look up marine engines and see if you can find anything there that would help you.

Post Thanks / Like

See if you can't find a website for them. I was able to download my Honda 50HP motor's manual. If you can't find Suzuki, look for Bombardier/ Johnson. The Johnson 4 stroke 115 is made by Suzuki, so it would have the same breakin procedure.
    Last edited by Shellback; 04-15-2006 at 03:12 AM.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't Know about Suzuki but my Yamaha F90 break in was run it at half throttle or slower for the first 10 hours then change the oil. I'll bet yours is similar, Japan is a small island.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter
    Don't Know about Suzuki but my Yamaha F90 break in was run it at half throttle or slower for the first 10 hours then change the oil. I'll bet yours is similar, Japan is a small island.
    I'm going to go with that, because the weather is too good to miss out on today.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

In the old motors all they said was use twice the oil in the mix, and run it at half speed for the first tank. Probably an adaptation of this would work for you.

Don