Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Harney, more info & 2 hogs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Harney, more info & 2 hogs

Last post brought alot of questions, so I will answer the basics, but remember it's still is called fishing not catching. Use many different techinics depending on weather conditions. Calm water always
    long line off sides of boat & reverse spider rig off back, WHAT... by reverse spider rig i mean (2) 4 ft micro lites 15 ft. behind. Slow drift water conditions jigs & slip float 3/4 depth of body of water
    fishing on. My favorite, rocky chop water drift all poles off bottom w/ road-runners or beetle spins always tipped w/minnows. The rolling waves rocking the boat & the thrust of the lure off the bottom is a deadly combination. Would show pic's of 2 more hogs caught today , but can not delete previous photos from uploaded files in attachment frustration, any help?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Speck Detector! Interesting description of some of your methods.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

you dont have to delete the photos you have already stored. All you have to do is upload more photos then insert them in the thread. You can choose the ones you insert by clicking the box on the pics, if you have it selected there will be a green check mark on the top of the pic. good luck, glad ya caught some fish. I still dont understand the point of trying to longline and spiderrig at the same time though, no matter how you have your rods set up your bait will travel at the speed the boat is moving. You cant make your rods upfront go 1.3 and your rods outta the back go .4 so why not keep it simple and fish all your rods the same way according to how the fish are biting? good description on how you do it though.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the picture info, cleared the issue up this morning via our moderator ed moes, he upgraded my attachment space from 145kb to 40mb. So therefore do not need to delete to provide new space. As far as the spider rig goes, inside joke, with the micro lite 4ft. poles only 15ft behind the boat while trolling don't really consider it long-lining, but great fun pulling fish in before they know what happened, with such lite gear. Between you & me I'm far from any expert and we've all read these kind of tactics in many magazines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    You cant make your rods upfront go 1.3 and your rods outta the back go .4 so why not keep it simple and fish all your rods the same way according to how the fish are biting? good description on how you do it though.
    Don't tell Speckanator ya can't do both at the same time! All ya need is a little inginuity and be OK with breaking the rules of fishing fer Crappie. And being retired law enforcement I think he gets a pass on that. Heck don't tell the majority of old timers on Monroe, Jessup or Harney that. Glad we con't have the trollin technique police down here! Ours just give tickets fer not having life jackets and such.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Don't tell Speckanator ya can't do both at the same time! All ya need is a little inginuity and be OK with breaking the rules of fishing fer Crappie. And being retired law enforcement I think he gets a pass on that. Heck don't tell the majority of old timers on Monroe, Jessup or Harney that. Glad we con't have the trollin technique police down here! Ours just give tickets fer not having life jackets and such.
    Really huntinslabs, c'mon now. So now i cant even talk fishing without getting beat up? I diddnt tell the guy to stop doing it that way I just think that if your doing it 2 diff ways at the same time switch to the way thats catching more fish and you dont have to worry about fooling with 2 diff setups. Im not the trolling police and could care less how other people fish, im gonna go out and fish like i always do. if they want it fast im gonna longline, if they want is slow i will break down and spiderrig.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just yankin yer Chain SYG