Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tracker Pro Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker Pro Guide

How badly will this get blown around by the wind? Anybody got any idea?

TRACKER Boats : Deep V Boats : 2012 Pro Guide V-175 SC Description

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a kite to me.........
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barrelslime View Post
    Looks like a kite to me.........
    X2, you better have a good trolling motor or great anchors.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Great layout but just about all aluminum boats are going to get blowed around. They just do not have enough front end weight. I fish crappie tournaments so I have to be prepared for extremely rough conditions so I fish out of a Ranger Angler. If you do not fish in high winds you may really like THE PRO GUIDE boat. I used to have a Bass Tracker Pro Crappie 175 and I enjoyed it. Let us know what you go with.

Post Thanks / Like

my dad fishes outta the 18ft deep v tracker, I fish outta a 16ft deep v smoker craft....wind can be a pain, I have a 70lb thrust I-pilot on mine and it does help, but the main draw back (really one of the few) is gonna be on real windy days....18mph winds forecasted here for wed and Im going, not the easiest conditions but its do-able

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a Tracker PT-190, put a 24v 70# Maxxum varible speed on her but the wind still sucked trying to hold on deep brush or fishin bridge pilings. I have a 20' Skeeter Bay now, what used to be too windy or to rough of water isn't a problem anymore.
    -LP

2007 Skeeter ZX-20 Bay / Yamaha 150 VMax
    Lowrance HDS-8, 7, & 5 with LSS-1

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have one like that and got blowed around with very little wind. I have a Ranger Fisherman now and wind don't bother as much. I will fish in 15+ mph winds with the Ranger where with the Tracker a 10 mph would work me to death on the trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty much what i figured. Thanks to everyone for the responses.

Post Thanks / Like

I like mine...just keep the nose in the wind. I've got a double seat mount up front, so with two people and full livewell, I've got plenty of wieght up front. You really cut through the waves. When spider rigging, my poles stay a lot more steady than I expected.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my father-in-law's 16' tracker of the same design-it's an 2010 and I really like the layout of the decks. I wouldn't hesitate in buying one but I would upgrade to a 36volt TM system or a small kicker motor if it were my rig. My first two boats were deep v hulls and they are my personal favorite design-I have switched to a fiberglass bass boat and don't like fishing in big water if the waves pick up and it is not the ideal platform to troll from. If you go with the Tracker-spend the money to upgrade the motor to the max rating-our's is underpowered with the outboard rigged from BPS.