Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 11/20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 11/20

Braved the cold & hit the launch shortly after day light. Truck said 27 degrees! Had ice building up on the rod guides still at 10a.m. Only saw a couple guys on shore fishin, but they didn't last long. You southern guys can't take the cold or what????? Not a boat to be seen! I must admit that flyin across the lake puts a few tears to the eyes, but they freeze up real quick....
    Leave it to us dumb A$$ cheese heads to hit it rain, shine, hail, windy, snow or a lil chilly!!!!!! But "Boy Howdy" do Ya'll miss out on some good action! I thank you for that!!!! The 3 of us took home limits, with a ton of others released to boot! ( A decent bass as a bonus) I'm thinking that in a week or so the fishing will start to get really good. All fish were caught 6'-7 1/2' down. (Don't care what anyone else says) Didn't try draggin the bottom. A slow presentation seemed to work. The fish were out from cover a little bit though!!!! Good thing, fingers got a little to stiff to keep tyin on after hanging up in brush, tree tops, piers, last years Xmas trees!!!!! About all I can say is give it a 8 count drop them reel Slow Slow Slow!
    I'm thinking it's time to do some serious Walleye fishing! Water temps are dropping nicely, give it another 10 degrees and it'll be prime!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report! I talked myself out of going because of the cold front....Doh

Post Thanks / Like

Bad call Vic!!! Just sayin!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

verry nice report , I like the cold weather fishing also... well till ice over, no hard water fishing for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Skeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for report. I have been spending too much time in a tree done with that and ready to start back in fishin.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day .. thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterxs170 View Post
    Bad call Vic!!! Just sayin!!!!
    Doh It WAS a bad call, skeeter, but I promise I'll make up for it somehow!!!Thumbs Up