Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caught My Personel Best Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caught My Personel Best Saturday

Went out Sat morning and was on the lake at sun up except I couldn't see it for the clouds. It was cool with a hard East wind making it almost impossible to hold the boat in one place, Even with an anchor down it would still drift without using the trolling motor. I was using minnows around my go to tree top in the private lakes I fish. About 45 mins in I finally caught a nice crappie (16") but it was super thin due to one blind eye. As the morning progressed I caught a few dinks but the fishing was very slow. Then it happened, I was fishing with minnows and I picked up one of my rods and found out I was fishin on credit but before I re-baited it I set the rod back down because I thought I was getting a bite on my other rod. When I picked up the unbaited rod I felt a little weight and there it was. My personnel best "small" crappie, it was just under 4" long and had bit the unbaited #1 Tru-Turn gold hook. I never really hooked the fish but it's mouth was so small it couldn't turn loose of the hook. Well I just broke out laughing at this crappie and if anyone had seen they would have thought I had lost my mind. What that little fish did is end a rough day on a funny note, I quit fishin, loaded the boat and chuckled all the way home. It was a good day and a great memory for me and I really needed the laugh that fish gave me.
    Last edited by Blackhawk19; 11-20-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Funny stuff. Not trying to one-up you but I caught one once that was about the size of my largest minnow. Like you, couldn't help but laugh out loud.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

RoflRoflRofl Good one Blackhawk
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report and story. Now what worked best today, minnow, jig or hook RoflThumbs Up
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gansett View Post
    Funny stuff. Not trying to one-up you but I caught one once that was about the size of my largest minnow. Like you, couldn't help but laugh out loud.
    Yeah, it was kinda strange. I'd been working hard fighting most of the morning against the wind and when I caught that one it gave me the relief I needed and ended the morning on a high note DohRoflRofl

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STUMP HUNTER View Post
    Good report and story. Now what worked best today, minnow, jig or hook RoflThumbs Up
    Now that's funny DohRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl Oh I almost forgot, Bare Hook!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68

Post Thanks / Like

glad the day ended on a good note. I had a "catch of the day" earlier this year as well, so I know the feeling.Hands Clapping
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

That's just too funny and to think he just bit a hook with nothing on it, LOL!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Could have still had a minner smell on it ... or possibly the Crappie thought it was a bug/worm & sucked it in for a taste test, then couldn't spit it back out Doh Rofl

Hey, Blackhawk ... maybe you should get the DIY plastics boys to pour you some gold colored plastic baits Hands Clapping Thumbs Up

... cp

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackhawk ...you got me on that one. I was expecting a tale of a 3+ pound crappie and i just had to bust out laughing too. My "Personal best" was a 6" crappie who had the audacity to hit a 2" minnow. He thought big! I liked his style too.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast