PDA

View Full Version : slabbuster jigs

beagle man
11-18-2011, 05:33 PM
got a request to tell a little about the jig. well it is a plastic jig made by Jack Stevens Lake Ozark Mo. Jack started years ago expermenting with different and came up with the one he likes, I got hooked up with jack and we hit it off real well, so I am kind of a field man I get and give away several bags of jigs to people I meet on the lake and help Jack spread the word on his jigs, give his web site a look over and see what you think, I use them and really love how they work,,,, 737057370673707

Big H trucking
11-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Are the tails soild

beagle man
11-20-2011, 09:24 PM
yes the tails are solid, verry thin though, lots of quivver action

mduncan62
11-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Tails are concave. Great baits.

Don G
11-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Michael, are these the same baits that are sold by Grizzly Jig?

Dongotto
11-23-2011, 08:44 PM
got a request to tell a little about the jig. well it is a plastic jig made by Jack Stevens Lake Ozark Mo. Jack started years ago expermenting with different and came up with the one he likes, I got hooked up with jack and we hit it off real well, so I am kind of a field man I get and give away several bags of jigs to people I meet on the lake and help Jack spread the word on his jigs, give his web site a look over and see what you think, I use them and really love how they work,,,, http://www.crappie.com/crappie/attachments/sponsor-members-classified-ads/73705-slabbuster-jigs-black-silver.jpghttp://www.crappie.com/crappie/attachments/sponsor-members-classified-ads/73706-slabbuster-jigs-blue-chartreuse-20copy.jpghttp://www.crappie.com/crappie/attachments/sponsor-members-classified-ads/73707-slabbuster-jigs-pumpkin.jpg

I have used them and had great luck. Great baits!

mduncan62
11-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Michael, are these the same baits that are sold by Grizzly Jig?

Yep Those are the jigs. I'm guessing I've been using them for 4-5 years. If you call and talk to Jack, you're in for a treat. That guy can tell some stories. Thumbs Up

Slab Buster Crappie Jigs (http://www.grizzlyjig.com/html/slab_buster_crappie_jigs.html)

buzzmanmo
11-24-2011, 07:18 AM
slab buster jack is no. 1

Don G
11-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Yep Those are the jigs. I'm guessing I've been using them for 4-5 years. If you call and talk to Jack, you're in for a treat. That guy can tell some stories. Thumbs Up

Slab Buster Crappie Jigs (http://www.grizzlyjig.com/html/slab_buster_crappie_jigs.html)

What is your best color? Can you post a picture on how you rig it? Looks like you could put a crappie nibble in that pocket if I am looking at it right..

clock152
11-24-2011, 09:43 PM
they work great.. keep em still and jsut from holding the pole they wiggle just enough to make em hit

beagle man
11-25-2011, 08:06 AM
yes they are, and on the web site there is a list of stores that carry them, lots of stores

mduncan62
11-26-2011, 03:34 PM
What is your best color? Can you post a picture on how you rig it? Looks like you could put a crappie nibble in that pocket if I am looking at it right..

I have used and caught fish on 99% of them. My fav's are probably, black/chart, elect chick. pink/pearl. If you have favorite color combos in other baits, just try the Slab buster that matches. Rigging images below. Best of luck to you.

http://i.imgur.com/WARRI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yTO9H.jpg

hunter7711
11-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey Beagle....are these bodies hollow or solid.

pvchief1
11-26-2011, 07:52 PM
hunter7711, the bodies are solid. I use them a lot too and have had a lot of success with them. Tons of colors, about anything you could want and pretty durable. Some of my favorite colors are black/chartreuse, pumpkin/chartreuse, pearl/chartreuse...you get the idea about any color/chartreuse, lol

hunter7711
11-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks. I'll have to try some. My jig heads don't have the barbed shank so Solids baits are what I use when fishing plastic.

no1son
11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Good baits in Minnesota, too, Solid bodies and the hollow spear tail do real well. Very nice selection of colors, too. A real nice next size up compliment to Southern Pro 1.5" stingers or a changeup from the 2" rattail shads or vice versa however you want to look at it.

clock152
11-27-2011, 03:03 PM
I prefer the Bobbie Garlin verson. but they both work great.

Donald@CrappieLogic
11-27-2011, 03:56 PM
isnt that jig made to tip minnows with if im not mistaken the minnow fits into that slot on the jig i think thats what the bobby garlend guys said they were for

clock152
11-27-2011, 04:16 PM
isnt that jig made to tip minnows with if im not mistaken the minnow fits into that slot on the jig i think thats what the bobby garlend guys said they were for
never used them with a minnow.. would make since though... I have always just used them with the concave side up on the jig... has great action.... would you put the concave side on top or on bottom of the minnow?

Percidae_Papermouth
11-27-2011, 05:53 PM
I would think top.... When I tie my jigs I always put the darker side up and the lighter side down...Dont know if theres anything to it, but all fish have a lighter color on the belly.

Those are some really neat plastics, ive seen the BG version, Im gonna go check these out, if the colors are right.... I just might...;)

clock152
11-27-2011, 05:56 PM
hmmmmm... I will have to give that a shot.... the only differance I see in the two jigs (BG's and slabbuster's) is that BG's have ridges on the body.

no1son
11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
The BG and the Slabbuster are very similar and perform almost identically; so between them one has an expanded color selection. I prefer the Slabbuster by a hair where the colors overlap. I don't even carry minnows; so I never tip them and prefer the concave side up. Same for the smaller 1.5" Southern Pro stingers. Pearl is one of our best colors in both. In the bigger sizes natural shad colors work almost as well. I fish these very slow. You can't keep that tail still. The Pearl is a fantastic color for when the crappies come up and feed just below visibility when you can see the occasional flash. Then it can be dip and lift until you get tired of unhooking fish. You simply watch for the bait to disappear and set your hook.

clock152
11-27-2011, 08:04 PM
The BG and the Slabbuster are very similar and perform almost identically; so between them one has an expanded color selection. I prefer the Slabbuster by a hair where the colors overlap.
Looked it up... yup!...I see that now.

wharfrat
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
I used them for the 1st time this fall at LOZ. I mainly used the blk/chart for crappie and I absolutely loved them. They are very durable and extremely versitile. I usually dip with an 10' pole and use my own jigs, but these worked just as well. They have great action in the water even when tipped with a nib. My wife generally cast and did equally as well. Later we both used the pearl color and did well with SB and whites. Even caught a 15" walleye casting with them. So I'm sold! GO GETCHA SUM

x2c
12-13-2011, 06:27 AM
The tails are solid but I cut the tails some times depending on the type of hook that I'm using. The crappie nibbles work great with these jigs. I love these lures thay last forever and they don't come off the hooks that often so when you are catching fish you don't have to spend time putting them back on the hook. Hey Beagle Man the only thing that I would love to see is a 3" version of this bait. I have to use another product when I go to that size. If you can pass that along to Jack I would love it. Let me know if and when he comes out with that size I want and need some. If you get your hands on these baits you won't be sorry!!!

beagle man
12-24-2011, 12:14 PM
x2c jack talked about a bigger bait, but so far he and most of his customers are happy with the smaller baits,,,, but I passed along the request.