Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Little truman report

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Little truman report

Let me try this again, seems after having to get up at 5 am for two days and catch fish and eat good and have a great time, I am not qualified to operate a computer with only one cup of coffee,,,,

day one started out late morning for me,,, drfish and speck were at the fishing hole and I asked if I could get in the boat or were they done, well they said yes and away we go,,, they put me on fish rat away, they about had there limits so they let me fish all the good spots, I got 6 off one big ole stump, (now my favorite stump), they sipped pop and watched me have fun, then they finished there limits.got to see Jiggin15 and he guided me in to the ramp, thanks man,,, got to visit a bit and get some pointers...

off to an early dinner, and then fish cleaning,and to camp for camp fire and jokes... love sitting arrown the camp fire and telling stories and gettin advice on how to fish, jig types rods and reels talk and pick on each other,, sip of crown,nit nit nit.... and off to bed,,, seems like thes ya hoos get up a 5 am to fish,,, crazy, day two we head to I think to Sparrow Foot, we got to the fishing spot and it was real good for about an hour or so, I caught 5 or 6 gooduns,,,, the other guys did better, Bob and Jim said lets try another spot, off we go, went to a creek and fished some trees and stumps and root balls, it was tough, I watched bob, I was in his boat, he would drop that jig in so quite the fish did not know he was there till they seen the whites of his eyes and they hit the live well, I watched and learned, and by golly started catching fish, we do not have trees like that on stockton, so next week I will be going to truman and moving some of them to stockton ... about 12 or so we are back at camp Speck had some burgers and brats, and the 4 I had was real good, washed it all down with a cold Bush Beer and headed to the fire pit, Speck and Fish were cleaning fish,,, bless there little hearts,,,, bob and I sat and talked fishing for a bit, then Jim and Chris showed up and more fire talk, some of the locals came by and shot the breeze,,,, good folks up that way,

day three, AGAIN with this 5 am crap,,,, I followed them to the ramp and off we go again,, get to the fishing hole and wipe the frost off the rods and start slow trolling and pitching again,,, seen red ranger and a couple others on the water,,, they was sticking hooks in fingers and catching doubles and having a ball.

well we fished arround for a bit and it was slow, Bob and Jim said lets move so we did,,,, we to a creek and fished till 11, Bob had to work but we caught a nice mess of fish,, bob gave me his fish, Jim and Speck gave me some fish so OLE beagle came home with a couple limits of nice crappie, gonna be good eating ,,,, Thanks you three Crappiekteers,,, it was the mostest funnest misserable time I have had in a long time,,,, the pain was worth it every bit.........

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT report Michael!! Glad you got out with those good guys and had a ball. Congrats on going home with the limits too. I always have a great time with Bob and learn a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got this great report in after....how many tries??!!Rofl
    I hope there wasn't any lying going on around that fire....sounds like a great time. I hope to meet up with everyone sometime too.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a blast! Glad you all had a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you all had a blast for sure.Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Good report, sounds like a good time for all.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like work, getting up at 5am. Glad you caught fish, your never to old to learn some new tips.

Post Thanks / Like

you have good reports even if it not a good report thanks wtg fishin with some of the masters prolly don't hurt either?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good trip Beagle. Was good to see ya and chat for a while on Tuesday morning. Sorry I did not make it down one night for campfire fishing tips. Had some unexpected meetings at work. I am sure it was entertaining down there each evening around the fire. Good times with some great guys.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a great few days with some good friends. I think the final tally was lots of keeper crappie caught, filleted, packaged, and taken home to be consumed at a later time. I kept none but sure did enjoy catching them. The best times of course were spent around the campfire.
    Last edited by bwillaub; 11-18-2011 at 12:07 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast