I know of a small community on Gibson who may soon be in need of a "Caretaker". The Caretakers position requires upkeep of the common property in the area. i.e. Mowing, weed eating, trash pick up, dead limb removal, etc. The Caretaker is supplied with an older small home at no rent. The Caretaker is responsible for paying their own Utilities. I believe there is a $100 a month supplement to cover fuel and maintenance on mowing equipment which is supplied by the Caretaker. Mowing/weed eating is not allowed on the weekends so as not to disturb the residents and their guests.

They are looking for a person, married or single that might be interested in taking the position should their existing caretaker move on. I think someone at least mid fifties, re-tired or semi-retired. This community is located on a side of a cove and has its own boat ramp. There is storage available for the Caretaker and their things and is discussion about building another building specifically for the Caretaker and his/her needs. I don't know whether it would be for community or personal Caretaker use or a bit of both.

They have approached me about taking the job, and I would love to accept, but unfortunately, it's a tad too early for me as my children are still too young. I would be interested in taking it about ten years down the road, but for now, I don't think it's a good fit for me.

I have met several of the residents in the community and every one I've met were exceptional folks with great family members.

The current Caretaker makes a little side money by taking care of the "weekender's" yards and doing odd jobs. If this position sounds right for you, send me a p.m. and I will forward your info to my friend.

(I really would love to do this gig myself, but the needs of my daughters outweigh my wants and wishes)