Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 11/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 11/16

Went out in the chilly weather this morning. I didn't see another boat or any shore fishermen. It was kind of nice! Water temp was 50.3 degrees. It wasn't hot and heavy, but they were biting. Caught most on a 1/16oz Chartreuse head, Black & Chartreuse Verigated body, & Chartreuse & Black tail "Entyzer Jig". All fish were caught in 15'-20' f.o.w. down about 6'. I fished brush piles north of the Camp Branch bridge as well as the power line pillar. I used the side image to locate piles I had no clue were there. Marked them on gps for future reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Skeeterxs170!!!

Piles north of the CB bridge huh? You mean the ones on the left side after you cross under the bridge?

Also, jiggin4 and I tried those power poles a couple of weeks ago. He caught one and I didn't have a nibble there. Unless we're thinking about different poles. From what i know there are only those two there across from the island.

Anyway.....good job. Nice report!! I'm going Saturday with the wifey poo. So hopefully they'll keep biting!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to figure them out! Sounds like the SI will pay off for you big time!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report and nice catch skeeter. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I wae able to give it a shot this morning...couldn't figure out why I was having trouble casting........oh ,thats it...eyelets were freezing up on the retrieve!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was a little bit cold! Once my fingers went numb all was good.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah left side of the bridge after you go under. The power pole has been hit or miss for me. Sometimes I get them there and other time not a bite! It seems like i get em there when it's windy & choppy with overcast skies.
    Quote Originally Posted by embo_9 View Post
    Good job Skeeterxs170!!!

Piles north of the CB bridge huh? You mean the ones on the left side after you cross under the bridge?

Also, jiggin4 and I tried those power poles a couple of weeks ago. He caught one and I didn't have a nibble there. Unless we're thinking about different poles. From what i know there are only those two there across from the island.

Anyway.....good job. Nice report!! I'm going Saturday with the wifey poo. So hopefully they'll keep biting!

Post Thanks / Like

thx Skeeter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterxs170 View Post
    Went out in the chilly weather this morning. I didn't see another boat or any shore fishermen. It was kind of nice! Water temp was 50.3 degrees. It wasn't hot and heavy, but they were biting. Caught most on a 1/16oz Chartreuse head, Black & Chartreuse Verigated body, & Chartreuse & Black tail "Entyzer Jig". All fish were caught in 15'-20' f.o.w. down about 6'. I fished brush piles north of the Camp Branch bridge as well as the power line pillar. I used the side image to locate piles I had no clue were there. Marked them on gps for future reference.
    Were you casting and reeling, or did they want it very slow, like a drifting sort of presentation?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    Were you casting and reeling, or did they want it very slow, like a drifting sort of presentation?
    I was getting most of them twitching it a couple times then reeling in the slack. Seems they were hitting it on the drop. I did pick some up on a very slow retrieve after an 8 count drop. While it was dropping I was able to warm up one hand at a time for 8 seconds then repeat on the next cast!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast