Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eager Beaver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eager Beaver

You have not been posting anything. So, makes me wonder how many fish you have been catching. Let see the pics of your catch.:D

Post Thanks / Like

No pics yet. I just went fishing Wed for the first time this year. I was in the Hospital with double pnemonia in Febr. and then did the Stress test in March. I just am now feeling like doing any fishing. I went again today for a few hours and brought 12 Nice Crappie and 2 Nice Bass home. I didn't take any pics today, but will start taking some on next trip. It has been awhile (last winter) since I have been fishing. I can't get the big Crappie in the boat yet. I have been getting 12 and 13 inch Crappie in the boat, but the 14 and 15 incher keep pulling off at the boat. ( No Joke). I am going to have to get the feel back for landing them. With the bigger fish I went to a heavier tipped rod and they just pull so hard at the boat they tear off.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you have been feeling bad. Just follow the doctors orders. I was having the same problems with gettting them in the boat, I was using # 6 hook on my jigs and went to a # 4 hook. I have lost a few bigs ones but I haven't ran into many of them. Afraid of posting pics of them ,some might make fun of me for them being too puny. :D

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    No pics yet. I just went fishing Wed for the first time this year. I was in the Hospital with double pnemonia in Febr. and then did the Stress test in March. I just am now feeling like doing any fishing. I went again today for a few hours and brought 12 Nice Crappie and 2 Nice Bass home. I didn't take any pics today, but will start taking some on next trip. It has been awhile (last winter) since I have been fishing. I can't get the big Crappie in the boat yet. I have been getting 12 and 13 inch Crappie in the boat, but the 14 and 15 incher keep pulling off at the boat. ( No Joke). I am going to have to get the feel back for landing them. With the bigger fish I went to a heavier tipped rod and they just pull so hard at the boat they tear off.
    Hey EB, sorry you've been under the weather...Putting a couple of 15"-16" crappie in the boat will make you recover a lot faster...

Hope you feel better soon......
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day