Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gulp Minnows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulp Minnows

Does anyone use the Gulp Minnows? They are about $17, but was told they last along time. Wondering if they are as good as live minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

I use gulp swimming mullet in salt water for sea trout and flounder and have great sucess but have not used the minnows for crappie yet want to try them hopefully some good feed back will come in.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use soft plastics from Snake River. Put them in a bag with some garlic salt. Works fine.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. They worked good earlier this fall for me, but the last couple times nothing. Probably bout like any other bait, just costs more.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried them a few times and have not had good luck with em. I would not spend the money on them again, that said I do like the gulp maggots or waxies to tip a jig instead of nibbles.
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never tried 'em............but then it's hard to beat the "real thing" when the fish gets finicky.:rolleyes:.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy had two new jugs of em in his boat. We were both catchin fish on jigs and bobber until he put one of those gulps on his hook. After that neither of us got any bites. Almost like it poisoned the lake. And to make matters worse, one jug tipped over and ruined the ol Ranger's carpet. Throwed both them jugs away after that (in a dumpster far away from any body of water).
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them to tip my micro spoons while spider rigging with them, they hold up better then minnows. All other uses I prefer the real thing.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Have used them a lot on gills/crappies. The very small one inch size put on a 1/60 oz. white hair jig does very well on them. For walleyes the bigger 3 inch and larger does good also. Just like any bait though, they all have thier better days. Would recomend it and I will always have some in the boat. Have a good day !!

Post Thanks / Like

Blackhawk tell us a little about using the micro spoons you use spider rigging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast