Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just finished cleaning the fish!!!!!!!!! ACTON

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Just finished cleaning the fish!!!!!!!!! ACTON

Got back from Acton about 10pm. Fished from 6-8:30. Water temp was 58-60 and the crappie were biting. Dad and I caught 22 altogether and brought home 18 over 9 1/2" the biggest was 11 1/2" We were fishing about 4 foot deep in 11' of water close to cover but not to close. I'd say 15 of the fish were caught in the last 45 min of daylight. We were the second to last boat off of the water. This weekend will be great. Good luck everyone!!! Also had about a 10" saugeye hooked and it got off.

Post Thanks / Like

good job Hoytman.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Wrong boat; wrong time

We took the canoe out yesterday morning and it didn't take long to figure out the crappie were holding in deeper water than we could fish from the canoe. Had a heckuva time holding position as it was. I caught a good crappie on my first cast around ten, but from there on out, it was bluegill and only tight to cover. Can't fish open water in a canoe. I'm guessing you were hitting the drop off?

We'll get back out in the boat.

Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

What difficulties are you having fishing in open water in a canoe Roberta? I don't have a problem, if I can pass on any tips I will gladly.

Post Thanks / Like

We needed a second anchor because the light an variable winds we were experiencing just kept spinning us around in circles. We also had to keep adjusting to take on wake from the motor boats. I'd much rather sit in my comfortable swivel seat in the boat if I have to fish open water and not worry about getting hit broadside by a wake. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern