Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water temp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water temp

Hey Shores, have you been out this week? I have'nt had a chance to go but I'll be back out on Tuesday! The water temp. should just about be right now to start finding the Crappie all bunched up in one spot! Last I checked it was 64.9 degrees, but after the cold snap it should put it down towards 60! Have you seen much White Bass activity?
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Temperature falling Fish still scattered

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    Hey Shores, have you been out this week? I have'nt had a chance to go but I'll be back out on Tuesday! The water temp. should just about be right now to start finding the Crappie all bunched up in one spot! Last I checked it was 64.9 degrees, but after the cold snap it should put it down towards 60! Have you seen much White Bass activity?
    Water temperature is falling, I have'nt been out since Sunday. Fish were few & small finally starting to hit on jigs still deep though. About 12' really not biting aggressive at all. They should start to shallow up some I hope right now they are hanging out with the kentucky bass really close to cover. I hope you've been having better luck than I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shores
    Water temperature is falling, I have'nt been out since Sunday. Fish were few & small finally starting to hit on jigs still deep though. About 12' really not biting aggressive at all. They should start to shallow up some I hope right now they are hanging out with the kentucky bass really close to cover. I hope you've been having better luck than I have.
    I had a guide trip today and fishing was awful! We caught 10 keepers and 3 of them were over 2 lbs. but that is still considerd slow for this time of year. I can only get them to hit minnows. I'm fishing a Crappie tournament out of Hickory Creek on Saturday, so that will be the next day I'm out!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

J.T. How deep have they been hiting for you? Sounds like a pretty good trip even with the low numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Question What's your lowest winter water temp in Arkansas?

We're already into the forties here in Ohio, and we can expect ice-up by mid-January. Fishing is already pretty slow and crappie are very scattered, so we don't bother for the most part. What's the worst you encounter in your part of the world? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    We're already into the forties here in Ohio, and we can expect ice-up by mid-January. Fishing is already pretty slow and crappie are very scattered, so we don't bother for the most part. What's the worst you encounter in your part of the world? - Roberta
    The Water temp dropped down to 42 degrees last year and that's about average depending on the year!
    I caught rappie 15'-25' down with minnows over anywhere from 20' - 40' of water, they were deep! I could'nt find them shallow. I don't know why it was so tuff yesterday, I'm Baffled! Most of the fish I caught came in Blackburn though!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinkin about trying night fishing with lights within the next week or so. I read a few posts on the main crappie forum and alot of the guys fish at night through the dead of winter, they say it's quite productive! What do you think Shores? Am I crazy?
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Just started night fishing this summer. Had really good luck with submerged green fluorescents. Kind of died off in the late summer though. Had all the bait fish running just no bites. I'll probably try it this winter if the fishing is'nt good enough during the daytime. As long as I don't totally freeze my butt off////?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shores
    Just started night fishing this summer. Had really good luck with submerged green fluorescents. Kind of died off in the late summer though. Had all the bait fish running just no bites. I'll probably try it this winter if the fishing is'nt good enough during the daytime. As long as I don't totally freeze my butt off////?
    I may try to go out one night next week near the bridge around all that brush! That should be perfect! I'll pick the warmest night!!!!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Default winter night fishing

J.T. I have'nt been out much here lately. I was wondering if you had done any night fishing yet since the temperature cool down. If so have you had any luck? What kinds of lights & or cover have you fished? It might get me out a little sooner if you've had any luck or know anyone that has.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast