Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good Day on Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Day on Barkley

Caught my limit today (30), the largest weighed 2lb-8ounces. Did not have to measure a fish today, mostly big black males. Caught none on jigs, and all in 8-12 feet of water. They just would not hit jigs for me today, casting or spider rigging. They were scattered on the flats. Wonder where they will be tomorrow? We shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

Any day I can catch a 2 1/2# is a good day of fishin. Plus a limit that is just a bonus. Good going...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did they all come

from the Little River area? I'll be back down there this fall. Probably will put in at Barkley Lodge ramp again. Nice fish.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Meat on the Table
    Caught my limit today (30), the largest weighed 2lb-8ounces. Did not have to measure a fish today, mostly big black males. Caught none on jigs, and all in 8-12 feet of water. They just would not hit jigs for me today, casting or spider rigging. They were scattered on the flats. Wonder where they will be tomorrow? We shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, They only bit minnows and were selective at that, small minnows only. I have some friends that only fish with jigs, some only with minnows, while I say why limit myself, I never go without minnows and jigs. As of tomorrow saturday April 15, the greatest week of the year starts. I will begin my quest of the redneck surf and turf, wild turkey and crappie. I will be off work all week, the natural high of highs turkey in the a.m. and crappie in the middle of the day. It gets no better than that!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meat on the Table
    Yes, They only bit minnows and were selective at that, small minnows only. I have some friends that only fish with jigs, some only with minnows, while I say why limit myself, I never go without minnows and jigs. As of tomorrow saturday April 15, the greatest week of the year starts. I will begin my quest of the redneck surf and turf, wild turkey and crappie. I will be off work all week, the natural high of highs turkey in the a.m. and crappie in the middle of the day. It gets no better than that!!!
    Amen to that! I'm off all nest week also and heading to kentucky lake. I'll be fishing in the morning and chasing turkeys in the afternoon though.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey "Meat on the Table", I fished around Nevelle Bay last week and had the same problem. The fish were so scattered we could not get much going. I was hoping they had settled down a little by now. We are coming down in the morning (sat) in the same are. You said 8-12 ft of water, but how deep were you fishing? Tight lining or bobber? Hope you read this soon and give me any help you can.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

chaser, around 6feet, give or take a little. I caught the most spider rigging, but caught a few on slip cork over break line.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Meat. We went to Neville Bay today and did pretty good. Fish are still not shallow there. We caught most of ours as you did 6-8 ft. on minnows and jigs. Minnows mostly. They were not relating to much of anything.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.