Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El Dorado Slabs & Coffey Co

Post Thanks / Like

Default El Dorado Slabs & Coffey Co

Made a spur of the moment trip out to El Dorado on Sunday. Couldn't pass up a day of no wind, 65deg, and a little sun in the middle of November. Fished from about 2-5pm and found some nice slabs over brush. All fish came on electric chicken jigs tipped with a crappie nibble. Fish wouldn't bite for me unless I would shake the jig vigoursly, then just dead stick it for several seconds, then WHAM!, fish on. No light bites today. Brought home a dozen 10-13in fish and only threw back a couple dinks. Fun times, I'll have to do that again soon.

Friday's trip to Coffey County was good and bad. Everywhere I saw predicted wind of 10-15mph. That's fine, that's tolerable, 20mph they kick you off the water. Got on the water about 9am, later in the morning the guy at the gates called and told us we had to stay in the hot water discharge area, it was bordline to windy. About 1pm they called and wind was gusting 24-27mph, WHAT!, that's 10mph higher than predicted. So we had to leave. Ended up catching a couple 13.5in crappie, and a bunch of lmb and smb. Tried the spillway from John Redmond dumping into Coffey Co., on foot, third cast caugth a white bass, hmmm, maybe all the white bass are here, nope wrong, only that one. Headed up to Melvern to hide from the wind. Never seen the lake nor fished it. Got there, and the wind was maybe 5-10mph from the south. What the heck is going on? Should we head back to Coffey Co? Stayed at Melvern, looked around, found some brush piles, got one bite, then it was time to head home.

Kansas weather baffles me sometime, usually I just go and make the most of it.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report good to get on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Tim. I haven't been fishing since Fort Gibson. Been restoring a boat the last few weeks for river fishing. My champion fish hunter doesn't like the creeks much.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, no pics?

Shane,
    I picked up a small boat off of Craigslist for next to nothing and did the same thing. It's ugly, but it doesn't leak and I can take it just about anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim,

Good job and Thanks for the report. Oh, the weather thing, man if I could have a do-over I'd be a weatherman. No liabilities for being wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I went over to El Dorado yesterday as well... The water was like glass out there... Not sure that I have ever seen El Dorado that calm... I got skunked however... Still sharpening my crappie fishing skills...:D Congrats, sounds like you had a good time...

I came across 8 deer on my way to my spot... Not a deer hunter, but pretty cool none the less...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, sounds like a good time regarldless of wind closure at Coffee county.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Nice report Tim. I haven't been fishing since Fort Gibson. Been restoring a boat the last few weeks for river fishing. My champion fish hunter doesn't like the creeks much.
    Shane, I was half expecting to run across you on the water on Sunday. Saw your pictures of your new boat \ trailer on your website, looks like a good project and that it would be good in rivers. My alumnacraft has several alot of dings from venturing up rivers and creeks to many times. I have a 9.5ft plastic boat I need to use more on ponds and creeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by who10 View Post
    Tim, no pics?

Shane,
    I picked up a small boat off of Craigslist for next to nothing and did the same thing. It's ugly, but it doesn't leak and I can take it just about anywhere.
    No pictures, kept wait for the BIG one to take his picture with.
    Haven't seen you on here for a while who10, must of been a boring day at work, so you're out surfing the web.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingtim View Post
    No pictures, kept wait for the BIG one to take his picture with.
    Haven't seen you on here for a while who10, must of been a boring day at work, so you're out surfing the web.
    Thumbs Up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast