Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this really happening ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default is this really happening ?

wanted to share my saturday with all my cdc buds.i fished the astor tournament sat.we launched our boat at 640.there was a line to launch with a short wait.the river was foggy with poor visibility. at times i couldnt see 10 feet in front of boat.as a matter of fact i headed south out of boat ramp and thought i was going north.20 mins later and almost most to dexter i realized it was wrong way. turned around and headed to lake george.we were gonna try big and little lake george as well as train bridge.made it thru fog to george and the big lake is 2 ft and choppy.rough ride to north end for some trolling.we fished all our spots we wanted to fish.145 pm better head to weigh in.we had seven fish in 8lb range.we put everything up and head on in.i have all snacks,phone charger,wallet,and other small stuff in back pack.partner got a few snacks and backpack is between us on seat.we ride all the way to south end of big george,slow for no wake,time for oatmeal pieThumbs Up.rick u seen the bag? oh no!!!its 230.go to weigh in or backtrack for bag?lets see.....around 200 cash,2 credit cards,license,and whatever else.we went back to look.missed the weighin.rode all way back to train tracks and in between.while in slight panic mode gas is going quick.im in little george and out of gasDoh.trolling motor going trying to get help.phone signal is gone .boats going by but to far away to see i need help .on the other side of little george is a lady i know from renting vacation house.if i can just make it there. probaly 4 miles away.briefly get service,talking with young gun who is already in gainsville.talk to wife to try to get gas on her card by phone.everyone is closed.its 530 or 6 now.losing light fast.trolling motor is still pulling about 2.2 but batteries arent gonna last long at this pace.wife is gonna try to call vacation lady for help.no phone service at all.now phone is going dead,charger was in bagDoh. time goes by now its dark,mosquitos r all over us.boat is barely moving,flashlight on dock,jeff is that u?aw man her voice sounded good.im rescuedHands Clapping.leave boat at her dock and she drives us to our truck in astor.in truck headed home at 900 pm.sunburned,hungry,no wallet.get home 1045.go to bed.back up today and headed back with gas can to get boat.finally got boat loaded at bass world marina.wanted to look some more but gave up on it.did the backpack float or sink?did the current carry it to shore?who knows. could have been worse.no one got hurt,still got boat,live to fish another day. p.s. putnam sherrif office sent jax sherrif to my house. they need u to call, someone turned in ur backpack
    . yes everything is there !!!
    Hands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ending to a long tough day.
    Outlaw Walleye and Crappie Poles (anglersmidwest.com guides and gear)
    MossBackRack.com
    Jenkins Nissan(813-420-0983)

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Whew! Like you said....coulda been worse but I cant really see how?!? And with all that bad trouble and STILL got the backpack back. I'd take a knee and give thanks if I were you.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Dern, what a day huh. Glad ya got yer stuff back.

Post Thanks / Like

wow! that'a all I can say. I'm glad it all worked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Great what a wonderful ending to a bad finishing day on the water...........
    Thank God there are still good people in this world .........turned in backpack..........
    just wonderful................Main thing - you & partner are alive, unhurt physically,
    mentally depressed at beginning, but happy in end..................

All n all, isn't fishin great................you acquire stories in life that no one would
    ever believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing ! !
    Was a good person that did that for you .......
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be remembering this trip and telling about it for a long time!
    And the moral of the story- never put all your cookies in one bag!LOL!!
    Glad you made it in safe!!
    BLSD

Post Thanks / Like

You can buddy fish when you come to the December slabfest, so we can keep you in sight. Wouldn't want you to go through that again. Sounds like the makings for a movie or a board game. "Where in the world is Jeff and Waldo"

Post Thanks / Like

My stomach is tight after reading your story. Why do I feel like I've been in that boat before. I hate those days, but once they're behind you, you can laugh and go fish again. What a long, long day for you guys. Thanks for sharing your story. Whew!
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast