Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: More Black Crappie today

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Black Crappie today

I didn't get an opportunity to fish yesterday afternoon like i wanted to. So i made it a goal to do it today, despite a cold front coming through.

I first started using my largest Rat L-trap from the handicap pier at Walnut Creek again, to cast out as far as i could let it sink to the bottom and start my retrieve. No such luck trying to get bass or walleye to bite on that. So i started using my shorter more sensitive rod and the new plastics i got from bobby garland and went to town on black crappie. Caught about 15, ranging from 5 - 11.5" Put them all back into the water after the sun went down. All i can say about the crappie, is man they were COLD!!! This is my first time fall/winter fishing, but i felt like i needed gloves. Color choice was a black/chart minnow with a curly tail. I just let the jighead drop about halfway or 3/4 the way to the bottom and very slowly moved the rod tip from the left side of my body to the right side. Normally got my hits right after i started moving it or when i turned the bait around to head back to the left side.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, there are no walleye in Walnut Creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea. I don't know why i put that.