Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well That was fun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well That was fun

Got to Lake Monroe Park at 7:00 and headed to the Enterprise ramp to look for ya Crappielover but couldn't find ya. I passed Phantom on the way from the south end. Started fishing around 7:30 and had culled a limit by 9:00 with 7 fish between 11" and 12" and the rest were between 12" to almost 15". Ran into Phantom and Crappieday while fishing and left em with em still chewing. Headed back towards Enterprise ramp to look for ya again Crappielover but couldn't find ya. Hope ya'll had as much fun as I did.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice mess of fish...with some size to 'em too.Thumbs Up Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya need to venture down here some time gabowman. Would love to fish with ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever seen specks as fat as they are this year? Let's hear it for lots of rain and a great shad population this year!

BLSD

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was a great morning !
    Nice meeting up with you Mike.
    And nice to run into Crappieday too.
    I started out over by Stone Island, picked up a couple, then zoomed over to the marina, did zilch there.
    Then decided to run over there where you guys were, got a few as I came in, didn't get any in the boat crowd.
    As you left I made the turn and made another pass back to the boats, then the wind started picking up (10:15am).
    I took off for the river to a spot I got over there, was 24 ft deep, but, nobody home, was thinking I might luck
    up on a cat or two .......
    Final count for me was only seven, biggest was 13", then a 12", then the rest mediums.
    Still, am a happy camper, finally getting my first spec's of the season ..........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Shore looks like Monroe is much better than Lake Washington I fish , only been Crappie fishing one year, gonna have to get over and see you guys one day !
    anybody fished Lake Poinsett for Crappie ?

Post Thanks / Like

wow that is what i am talking about
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiceRocket View Post
    Anybody fished Lake Poinsett for Crappie ?
    I did well last year in middle river, I don't fish the lake, that's not to say that folks don't catch em out there, I just don't do it.
    This year looks like the high water is gonna stall the fishin in there, however, that just might make the lake do better (like Monroe is doing).
    Today when I was returning from Monroe I went over the bridge at lake Harney and looked southward,
    Looked like Lake St. John = water from tree line to tree line.
    Will take some time for the river to get back to normal.
    Best of luck to ya ........
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Going to Lake Washington this morning , Play with the fish finder (get it set right LOL ) I do know the water is up over Three ft at the reed line , Two weeks ago before the wind , Picked up 14 , Now if I can get my pardner to catch while I play with the FF.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Huntinslabs I missed out big time. My father called me and wanted to go see a boat, so I had to cancel because of how long it takes me to get to Monroe. I am sorry I missed out...looks like a real nice time. Hope to hook up with you soon.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast