Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion poll - Rut or no rut?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinion poll - Rut or no rut?

I know that there are many here that actually take a break from Crappie fishing to chase the elusive Whitetail Deer. I have witnessed some heated arguments as to whether the Deer are rutting now in the Piedmont or not. A fellow I know says that the Bucks are ready but the does are just begining to heat up. I have witnessed several does with their tales up and prancing around to get a bucks attention. What do you think?

All responses will be appreciated.

Kellog

Post Thanks / Like

kellog we killed a 4pointer bout 11.30 today & guess what he stunk

Post Thanks / Like

I talk to many bowhunters a day as part of my job from all over the place. As the R&D Engineer for Magnus I handle the tech calls. I've talked to quite a few from the piedmont area and all are seeing rutting activity lately.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=mac crappie;1696353]kellog we killed a 4pointer bout 11.30 today & guess what he stunk [/QUOTE wow !! that deer wont ever get the chance to grow up will he....

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=slabster 1;1696405]
    Quote Originally Posted by mac crappie View Post
    kellog we killed a 4pointer bout 11.30 today & guess what he stunk [/QUOTE wow !! that deer wont ever get the chance to grow up will he....
    I hope you didn't register just to rag a man about a deer he killed. A trophy is in the eyes of the beholder. And you don't know if he shot it because he needed the meat to feed his family or not do yu?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh for Pete's sake, its not like deer have a sweet sixteen or a prom to look forward to.

Post Thanks / Like

the little boy that shot it is bout 9 it was his 1st one

Post Thanks / Like

I had 4 HUGE bucks chasing one doe at 3:30pm yesterday. I shoot traditional blackpowder and I ended up taking a shot on a 130-140" 10point that after replaying it was actually a little too far for the old flintlock. The rest of the day was filled with young buck after young buck chasing does. THE RUT IS ON!! I then ended my day with 12 feral hogs coming out under an oak tree on the edge of the field. I hit one and we lost it in the cutover. Looked lastnight as well as today. We've never seen any hogs on this place. Fella behind us said he killed one lastyear but we personally have seen or had any trailcam photos of any.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only seen what seems to be the beginning of things.

Post Thanks / Like

i saw 9 bucks the last week of oct my dad saw 4 bucks all chasing mostly small bucks 16in wide or smaller
    then hunted all day nov 1,2,3 only 1 buck
    then all day nov 7,8,9 no bucks
    i talked to a friend today he went by deer processor he had average 300 deer in cooler between oct 22-nov3 all bucks smelling of rut
    and only 7 deer brought in this week no rut smell
    I hope they come back in after this full moon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast