Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Horseshoe Beach in January

Post Thanks / Like

Default Horseshoe Beach in January

Anyone know anything about January fishing around Horseshoe Beach. I am bringing my Carolina Skiff for some saltwater fishing and fresh water fishing. Is the water real shallow around Horseshoe Beach? Are there any good crappie lakes within an hour or so? Thanks for any info.
    Sam in PA and FL

Post Thanks / Like

Dude! That is a saltwater fishing mecca. Enjoy that and fish for crappie when ya get home. I am sure that Flslabhunter can point ya in the direction of some freshwater over that way, but I been wanting to get over there for some saltwater fishing myself. Not sure of the depths and such around there just here reports of the fishing in the area. Try asking over on microskiff for some pointers on the inshore bite over there.Good luck and post up yer catches.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply. I knew it was well known for saltwater fishing. I like to mix it up and do some freshwater fishing if it is available. Some days might be too rough out on the salt. I don't know about that time of the year. I also plan on spending Feb and March in Crystal River. I did some good saltwater fishing there last year, but don't know about the freshwater fishing around there either.
    Sam in PA and FL

Post Thanks / Like

Try and hit up Flslabhunter1, I think he fishes over that way.