Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First speck trip of season next Week to Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Default First speck trip of season next Week to Garcia

Well getting that time of year again setting down my snook poles and getting the cane poles and small spinners out for specks , cant wait .
    I have read a few reports from Garcia they show some being caught there so we are going next week weds and thursday to give em a shot .. Hope to get enough for a fry , just had a snook fry for the family and friends a few weeks back
    so now its time to get some fine eating specks for a fry in the freezer..
    Has anyone here heard any reports from Garcia , or have you been? We always fished Stick marsh but I am getting tierd of the 6 mile bumpy road that beats the crap out of everything before you get to the lake so going to try Garcia and Big O this year insted..
    Good luck all
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Garyv do you know when they are going to open the new reservior they are working on next to Stick Marsh? That will be a lot of fishing area in a couple of years. They say the grass is growing back in Farm 13 will probably go down their in Feb.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey 6mm ,,
    i hear they started the work and are going to start flooding the area some time next year but will not be finished until 2016. I think there was a post on Jim Porters site , but he is not guiding anymore so he does not keep up on the site as much as he used too . here is a link to the article on his site scroll down a little for the article
    http://www.stickmarsh.com/stickmarsh.../current.shtml
    Gary
    Last edited by garyv; 11-12-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't they duck hunt Garcia pretty hard? If so ya might want to check the hunt schedules.

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt even think of that Huntinslabs, actually we have never fished Garcia so I am unfamiliar with that lake so it will be new to us.
    We ussually fish Stick marsh or Okeechobee , but havent fished Okeechobee since the hurricanes in 05 that tore it up , but fished Indian prarie canal , and Kissimee , and Nubins slough years back , but with my trailer needing springs I dont want to go to stick marsh until I get them switched out..I dont think they will leave me on the side of the road but that 6 mile washboard road to the stickmarsh is a killer on equipment...
    We have 2 days in a row ( wedsday and thursday ) so we are planning on trying 2 different lakes IF we dont do good at the first spot then we will just go back there the second day..
    I have been looking for reports and cant find a whole lot about the big O or Garcia to see if they have started yet . But we can catch em setting here at the house either..
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

good luck
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and I screwed up we are going to Blue Cypress not Garcia , they are connected but Garcia is real shallow until you get to the lake..
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

just sent you a personal message who to contact in that area.
    Mark Irle fishes Garcia - Stick Marsh - and Big O, may be able to shed a better
    light on things and /or possible where to fish on limited schedule you have

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garyv View Post
    Oh and I screwed up we are going to Blue Cypress not Garcia , they are connected but Garcia is real shallow until you get to the lake..
    Gary
    The canal linking the lakes has been closed off for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gary..........I've spent plenty of time in Garcia.......Not a bad choice at all....If Blue Cypress doesnt pan out for you, If you do go, head for the canal that leads to Farm 13, & drift minnows & throw jigs........If thery are there, it wont take long to figure it out!!!!!
    Rinse out the dang minner bucket:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast