Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deepfrying

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deepfrying

I deep fried a whole Cornish game hen last evening and it turned out better than I would have guessed. I placed the thawed bird in 375 degree oil after rubbing on seasoned salt and set my temperature probe at 160 degrees. Only took around 20 minutes for the hen to reach the desired temp. After removing from the deep fryer and removing the legs/thighs, I noticed it needed another dab of frying, so I lowered it back in the oil for another 5 minutes and it was completely cooked through out. It was delicious and the cost of the Cornish hen was less than 3 bucks, so it was a pretty cheap meal.

For dessert, I had a slice of sweet potato pie topped with whipped cream. Cheers....... Thumbs Up
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

STINK, next time your gonna fry a hen give a shout and I bet you can come up with some company. And I also bet we can come up with $3 bucks to boot..GLAD YOU ENJOYED...RangerThumbs Up
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator