Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomona today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomona today

Was wandering if there were any crappie.commer folks fishing at Pomona today. Drove by Green Acreas and saw a boat or 2. Fished in the state park area, and only got 2 keeper crappie, and lots of white bass. Dang wind was giving me a fit. Loaded up, and headed to northshore marina, and just fished off the slips. Got a few more, nothing to brag about and more white bass, and the biggest shad I have ever seen, he actually bit my jig. I have never had that happen. I tried a few different colors. I guess the best was a blue and white slab buster. Take care everyone, and good fishing to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

Snagged, just an idea, if you like the BG Slabbusters, you might want to try the Rocky Top 3in Slabs, In my opinion they are a more durable bait and the colors are way more vibrant! They are pretty much all I use in fall and late summer. JMO, Luck to ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Dan, where do you purchase them?

Post Thanks / Like

Have to call and order them out of Warsaw Mo. I have the number in my desk at work but for some reason don't have it at home, if someone else doesn't post it before Monday I'll post it for ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishlessDan View Post
    Snagged, just an idea, if you like the BG Slabbusters, you might want to try the Rocky Top 3in Slabs, In my opinion they are a more durable bait and the colors are way more vibrant! They are pretty much all I use in fall and late summer. JMO, Luck to ya!
    Rocky Tops number is 660-4387341 Warsaw MO , googled it. They don't have a website but they make a 2 and 3 inch slab buster solid body style bait and a 2 and 3 inch solid body tube. I bought a bunch last yr from a website in Texas called finnytribe but their website says they are currently closed down. These baits have a large following in Texas and as fishlessDan said they are very durable, they are actually the strongest most durable crappie plasitics I have ever seen...one bait lasts a really long time. Seems to be a different variety of plastic than most brands use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steveinsene View Post
    rocky tops number is 660-4387341 warsaw mo , googled it. They don't have a website but they make a 2 and 3 inch slab buster solid body style bait and a 2 and 3 inch solid body tube. I bought a bunch last yr from a website in texas called finnytribe but their website says they are currently closed down. These baits have a large following in texas and as fishlessdan said they are very durable, they are actually the strongest most durable crappie plasitics i have ever seen...one bait lasts a really long time. Seems to be a different variety of plastic than most brands use.
    love em,love em,love em!!!!!!!!!!!!!