Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: nolin

pjm Guest

Default nolin

I am headed to nolin next weekend. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No luck Jigboy

I went fishing with my son yesterday. It was a bad day from the start. One of those days you wish you would have stayed home. First off, I backed the boat in without the plug in. I did catch the mistake before backing it off the trailor so I was lucky.

Next, I slipped on while getting off the boat to pull it back out of the water to put the plug in, and tore the heck out of my leg. My pride was heard more then the leg. Should have guessed how my day was going to go.

After putting the plug in and cleaning up the blood from my leg, I got questioned by the Corp of Engineers man about my put in fee. He must have have needed glasses because I had the little sticker right on the glass where it was supposed to be.

Finally we started trolling for crappie and I caught a 13" crappie within five minutes. Unfortunately, that was one of only three keepers all day. I was the good fisherman and turned on the livewell for the fish since it was so hot out. Problem is, I forgot and ran the battery down and I was miles away from the dock and my jumper box was in the truck.

After getting the motor going again, we switched to casting so my eleven year old could prcatice for a bass trip to Lake Erie. He caught his first two bass while actually casting for them along with some small crappie.

It was a fairly slow day, but a fun day with my son watching him learn what we all love to do...catch some fish.

Jigboy
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy

pjm Guest

thanks for the info..My buddy did some bank fishin yesterday and caught a few nice ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Do many people bank fish at Nolin?
    GO BENGALS!

pjm Guest

Did not have a lot of luck last weekend. The crappie did not seem to be schooling. We never caught more than 5 or 6 in any one spot. The Bass were hitting just about anything in the ole tackle box. The lake is about 8 feet down which would make for some fairly accesable bank fishing.